Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Procharger V6 Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
You forgot 5.4's. I say have at it your car your money. For me I just can't figure buying a 6 for whatever price to sink $$$$ to get v8 numbers but hey it's none of my business so like I said have at it. I am comfortable getting beat by a 4/6/8/10/12 hell even a pedal bike as I am light on the go pedal.

Help the economy and turbo---s/c it boys
So... you drive a smart car right? Or a civic hybrid? Ahhh.. jus another one of those =)
Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Glad I know nothing about blowers, s/c'r, materials that make motors so I'm not refered to with ******'s refering to me lol!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
FiK

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
Turbo setups tend to be more expensive and you have other things like BOVs and piping which make it more difficult to install. They are in fact better than supercharging.
Because superchargers setups can't have things like Blow Off Vales and Intercoolers, right?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:02 PM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FiK
Because superchargers setups can't have things like Blow Off Vales and Intercoolers, right?
You can have a BOV and an intercooler on a supercharger. Turbos are more expensive because with a supercharger, if you really wanted, you could leave the stock exhaust on. With a turbo you have to reroute it to go through the turbo.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 AM
FiK

Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass
You can have a BOV and an intercooler on a supercharger. Turbos are more expensive because with a supercharger, if you really wanted, you could leave the stock exhaust on. With a turbo you have to reroute it to go through the turbo.
Sarcasm, friend.

Posted a few times in this thread now; I actually know that Procharger kits feature intercoolers (pointed it out in my post before last) and bypass valves (which are, in lamens, recirculating blowoff valves). I guess it could be said I was trolling with that question, but then again, it was in spite of complete misinformation.

On the other side of the coin, I've met a half dozen people who prefer turbo setups because they're cheaper due to market proliferation and inter-adaptability. As a matter of fact, one of my coworkers has been offering to manufacture an exhaust manifold as well as a few other tidbits for my 3.7L free of charge just so he can put his name on my car, and my car on his resume. He's done a handful of pieces, rather exclusively on 180's/240's and Silvia's... (SR20det or bust) Hell, before I heard about this Procharger, I was looking to go custom turbo for lack of options and even still am considering it if only for the experience and distinction of having a custom turbo'd American sports car.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:03 AM
DarkhelmetRT
1st Gear Member

I prefer turbocharging myself since I can build my own kit for under $1500 and achieve the same if not better results than the $6000 procharger kit. However I know that everyone doesn'y have that option which is why companies like procharger can charge so much.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:12 PM
FiK

Originally Posted by DarkhelmetRT
I prefer turbocharging myself since I can build my own kit for under $1500 and achieve the same if not better results than the $6000 procharger kit. However I know that everyone doesn'y have that option which is why companies like procharger can charge so much.
That is quite a boastful claim. Could you come up with a list of real parts and mods to remotely back that up?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 AM
DarkhelmetRT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FiK
That is quite a boastful claim. Could you come up with a list of real parts and mods to remotely back that up?
MHI Td06h-25g turbo (very efficient for medium boost apllications on engines ranging from 3.0-4.0l.

Greddy knockoff typr rs bov (chinese crap, they they hold up to 15psi reliably)

Td06 exhaust flanges (both inlet and outlet, usually comes with gaskets)

Various mild steel pipes and bend ranging from 2.5 for the turbo header, to 3.0 for the downpipe, after assembly they would be painted with high temp paint, and wrapped with heat tape)

Various aluminum bends for intercooler, and intake piping

Vibrant cone airfilter

28x8x3 intercooler core (bar and plate)

generic 4 ply silicone couplers with standard clamps (you don't really need t-bolt's inless your going to run over 12psi, just my opinion from experience)

I'm a little unsure about the fuel injectors since I don't have alot of ford experience however if they would work, the 47lb inj from a 2010 svt would be perfect.

Stainless steel feed and return lines for the turbo

oil filter sandwich plate adapter for oil feed

SCT tuner - (would have to be tuned by a shop since I do not have the capability to reflash a factory ecu)

At this point I'd be right at my $1500 budget, however I do not know what the factory fuel pump is capable of and the car could need a walbro 255lph to supply enough fuel. The other issue is a maf sensor adapter to fit in the new intake pipe. I'd have to spend a little time messing with that.

This is all purely academic at this point, I like my car just fine with bolt on's and wouldn't consider doing this until my warranty is up.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
arnold66

Update on Procharger!
For those who are not interest about the ProCharger.
Why not start a turbo thread, if you need to talk about turbo's.
Start you thread about engine building.

Update!!! From different forum.
They have finished shooting the videos and are in the process of editing. I guess they want it all together before finalizing the rest of the details on pricing and dyno charts.

The development car put 427 HP to the ground with the open element air filter and 418 HP through the stock air-box. With the stock air-box will be legal in all fifty states.

Last edited by arnold66; 02-08-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass
You're ****ing retarded.

First- the ecoboost v6 is a 3.5 liter.
Second- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HYPERCAST. You are a ****ing retard
Third- Your "which do not flex (and hence will not crack as easily)" shows you know ****ing nothing about materials engineering. If something is less likely to flex that means it's strength is lower but hardness is higher. If something does flex it is less likely to crack. Think about it this way, try to crack a piece of rubber. Since it flexes you'd think it would crack easily, but it doesn't. How about a ceramic tile? It doesn't flex, but it cracks easily. Because you're retarded.
LOL, you cracked me up with all this flexing!!

Quick Reply: Procharger V6 Kit!!!