Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New ProCharger installation completed

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 01:51 AM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

Default New ProCharger installation completed

Thought I'd share with all of you a video of one of the dyno runs after the ProCharger was installed earlier today. Best one of the day was 421RWHP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm6HM7K-6E8

As for the installation, I left it up to my local authorized ProCharger Dealer. They also did the dyno tune, where this was filmed at.

More details are on the youtube video.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:12 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I knew I hated you. Now I have a reason lol. Congrats on the new upgrade. I think that's incredible. Any closeups of the engine bay?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:37 AM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
I knew I hated you. Now I have a reason lol. Congrats on the new upgrade. I think that's incredible. Any closeups of the engine bay?
Hah hah! Just like family as they say.

Yeah, I'll post some more stuff up today.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:09 AM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

As requested, here are some engine bay pics.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:39 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I'm really happy for you. Very clean install. Maybe one day I'll be able to do this mod.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Wow man that's bad a**. Congrats!!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Sweet , I love it....as I said on my post for my tranny clutch issue, I'll use the 5 grand towards adding a '12 green hemi challenger to my collection, leaving stang stock.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:20 PM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys for the kind words. Some interesting observations while messing around in it today.

1. In a sense, you can be lulled into thinking there isn't a tremendous amount of difference if you are down low in the RPM's, but get it up there, and it screams. All of a sudden you are going way faster than you thought. Just the nature of centrifugals I suppose.

2. Because I'm running probably the skinniest of tires of anyone who has a ProCharger, it is Interesting to overwhelm the tires, but in a different sort of way. Usually, in some torque-monster, you have to worry about breaking loose down low - every time you touch the gas. I had a few times today where, because of the starting speed and gear, it was really good, solid acceleration, but when it was starting to climb the RPM's (somewhere around 5500 RPM or so, couldn't look too much at that point), that is when the tires started to break loose.

3. My blow off valve is fed back into the intake, as is with a typical install. I think you can feel the delay in the RPM's wanting to drop after hard acceleration then shifting. Not a complaint. Just an observation. It does make me wonder about dumping to the atmosphere though.

4. The install had to accommodate the click-n-go setup of the JLT oil catch can. Not a big deal. Still happy to have it catching those oil vapors before they go back into the intake manifold.

5. I'm glad I didn't attempt the install myself. The installers said they like ProCharger so much because of their clean, no-cutting design and kits. Even so, I would have been in over my head, and I surely would have messed up somewhere.

6. I'm glad I got the helical cut gears for the ProCharger ($100 option). If you think the helical cut gears will be too quiet, and you want to advertise that you have a supercharger under the hood with the standard straight cut, think again. Even with the helical cut gears, it's obvious, and others will notice you. ...really obvious.

7. I might also be the only one out there right now with a ProCharger on stock suspension. The weight of the unit did make the front end drop 3/8ths of an inch. Some new springs along with some fatter tires are in my future, but not now.

8. I love the sound, but also noticed what was absent. ...The distinct and beutiful sound from the Airaid CAI. I'll be selling it soon, but not because it wasn't great. When paired up with the Borla touring axlebacks, it made for a great combo on a naturally aspirated 3.7.

9. Speaking of exhaust, now that I have the Procharger under the hood, I can't help but think how that would pair up with some Borla stingers in the back. Gotta stop thinking. It's costing me way too much. :-)
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I had never seen the engine bay on the new V6's.
They look pretty good!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Grungie
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sketchy00
Thanks guys for the kind words. Some interesting observations while messing around in it today.

1. In a sense, you can be lulled into thinking there isn't a tremendous amount of difference if you are down low in the RPM's, but get it up there, and it screams. All of a sudden you are going way faster than you thought. Just the nature of centrifugals I suppose.

2. Because I'm running probably the skinniest of tires of anyone who has a ProCharger, it is Interesting to overwhelm the tires, but in a different sort of way. Usually, in some torque-monster, you have to worry about breaking loose down low - every time you touch the gas. I had a few times today where, because of the starting speed and gear, it was really good, solid acceleration, but when it was starting to climb the RPM's (somewhere around 5500 RPM or so, couldn't look too much at that point), that is when the tires started to break loose.

3. My blow off valve is fed back into the intake, as is with a typical install. I think you can feel the delay in the RPM's wanting to drop after hard acceleration then shifting. Not a complaint. Just an observation. It does make me wonder about dumping to the atmosphere though.

4. The install had to accommodate the click-n-go setup of the JLT oil catch can. Not a big deal. Still happy to have it catching those oil vapors before they go back into the intake manifold.

5. I'm glad I didn't attempt the install myself. The installers said they like ProCharger so much because of their clean, no-cutting design and kits. Even so, I would have been in over my head, and I surely would have messed up somewhere.

6. I'm glad I got the helical cut gears for the ProCharger ($100 option). If you think the helical cut gears will be too quiet, and you want to advertise that you have a supercharger under the hood with the standard straight cut, think again. Even with the helical cut gears, it's obvious, and others will notice you. ...really obvious.

7. I might also be the only one out there right now with a ProCharger on stock suspension. The weight of the unit did make the front end drop 3/8ths of an inch. Some new springs along with some fatter tires are in my future, but not now.

8. I love the sound, but also noticed what was absent. ...The distinct and beutiful sound from the Airaid CAI. I'll be selling it soon, but not because it wasn't great. When paired up with the Borla touring axlebacks, it made for a great combo on a naturally aspirated 3.7.

9. Speaking of exhaust, now that I have the Procharger under the hood, I can't help but think how that would pair up with some Borla stingers in the back. Gotta stop thinking. It's costing me way too much. :-)
I have the stingers and they sound great. I receive complements on a daily basis. The Touring series were just to mild for my taste.

Quick Reply: New ProCharger installation completed