Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Tuneable Induction

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Rambo64

Default Tuneable Induction

I got my CAI and tune from Tuneable Induction. From everything that I have been reading I don't think that mine is as good as everyone elses. People are talking about long burnouts and a very big noticeable increase and that is not the case for me. I notice a slight change. I was wondering if anyone else was feeling the same wya about their tune? I am running the 93 octane tune
Old 07-26-2006, 09:28 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tuneable Induction

I have been researching these deals and trying to get some clarification on the tunes. The TI deal includes basic factory SCT tunes, which according JP are "safe, not race".

I asked how much difference there was in the tunes between the factory and some of the custom tunes the other guys are doing, and this is what Fred from Evolution Performance said:

There is a big difference!

All my tunes are dyno proven! The canned ones I've seen run a very rich 12.2 AFR, which is way to rich for my taste. The timing on the canned tunes is also on the way too conservative side! The biggest difference in my tunes is with the VCT, which adds a considerable amount of low end torque and high end Horsepower. No other tuner has even touched that parameter because of its complicity! My tunes are 12.8 across the board, which is optimum for the S197, not 13.1 - 13.3 like other known tuners tend to believe! I've been tuning for well over 10 years! I'm not limited to just SCT, I've tuned full stand alone systems like Big Stuff, F.A.S.T, Direct Ignition, PMS, and AEM!
You can see that in this thread: Evolution vs Stock SCT (Demolet) Tunes

Some people have also reported that they had to flash the tune a couple of times because it didn't "take". I don't have a tuner yet, so I can't confirm anything regarding getting the program on, but apparently the tunes you get the TI deal aren't as good as the custom tunes from EP/Bama/Etc.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I thought the new TI units were shipping with Bamachip tunes. Is this not the case? I know my TI eventually had Bama tunes on it.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Rambo64

I am not sure if they are or not. I know the way people are talking mine is definately different. I do know that if my tune did not take effect that my engine would not be running as great. I might shop around a little bit and find myself a different tune. But I have to say the tuneable inducation deal was great and I would have not done anything different. I just think I need a new tune.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:23 AM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

A couple of us were asking about this when JP announced his $525 deal. The question was asked a couple of times what tunes were included. His response seemed to indicate that his tunes were canned SCT tunes, but that a lot of his customers were adding Bama tunes later. He did indicate that you adjust several of the options yourself.

I haven't ordered my CAI/XCAL combo yet. I am kind of torn because the TI CAI seems like a better unit. Here is what I have been able to determine in terms of pricing. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong on any of this:
TI CAI w/ XCal2 direct from Tunable Induction: $525 with 3 canned SCT tunes.
C&L CAI w/ XCal2 from Evolution Performance: $565 with 3 Evolution tunes.
TI CAI w/ XCal2 from BamaChips: $599 with 3 Bama tunes.

So, how much do you want to spend?

Here is the quote from JP from https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=1600291

I also enable the 'end-user' adjustability with our tunes. This way you can taylor the tune for changes in altitude and fuel quality.
I tell customers just don't go crazy with adding +5 degrees timing all at once....add a degree at a time until you hear detonation with your given octane, then back out a degree at a time until you're just shy of detonation. It's the same for adding or removing fuel.
You won't hurt the motor with hitting the detonation spot while tweaking the tune. I do recommend dyno tuning for blown motors.

Our tuner/help support is provided Mon-Sat. and NO charge for future tunes.

BAMA CHIPS tunes are optional for systems, but he also doesn't charge for future tune changes once you've purchased the $ 50. tune package from him.

My tunes are performance tunes by SCT on their dyno with my system. They're a safe, not race tune, but can be tweaked. My custom tuners change other values in the tune tables for different performance aspects, not just the A/F, which further benefit differently modded Mustangs.
Personally, I'm leaning towards the package from Evolution, but with C&L's on backorder everywhere, the Bama deal looks good.

... or why don't we just get Fred at Evolution to offer a combo with the TI CAI!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:39 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

why would u order from someone that says they are going to change the parameters in the VCT that our cars dont even have? Thats a gt thing, not for our 6s. I hate places that have a generic response, and dont bother to read carefully so they can reply accurately.

Basically, all the tuners are essentially equal, since theres only so much you can do on our 6s. The only way to get more, is to get a custom dyno tune at a dynoshop for your vehicle.