Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

tunes to get :\

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Default tunes to get :\

So I'm ready to buy my CAI / tuner combo (not sure what or from where yet) but I first need to decide what tunes I want to get. Obviously the mods I have will play a bit with what settings would be best for a tune. Heres a tiny rundown, not much.

I run 93 octane and would more than likely want to keep it that way
I drive on the street only, mostly city
I'll obviously have a tune and CAI since this is what I'm buying
I plan to add an MRT axleback in the next month or two (after the CAI / tune)

I could just snag a 93 octane tune for the intake and be done with it, I'm wondering mostly how much a difference it will be after adding an axleback though. I mean, would I see benefit from a seperate tune specifically including the axleback? Or should it even be accounted for from the get-go and just run with a tune for the axleback even without one?

Also links to a good place with agood price on a combo would be sweet. I was originally looking at the C&L and xcal2 at bamachips but it seems they are out of C&Ls. The demolet is cheaper, and in stock. Think that would be a good option?

Err one last thing for now I guess If I go with the bamachips is there really much of a diff between the torq and performance tune? I'd probably lean toward whichever netted the better gas milage of the two provided there is actually a difference there. (I'll assume the torq tune unless someone says otherwise)

thanks a ton for any help guys!
Old 07-29-2006, 05:08 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: tunes to get :\

The Demolet is a great intake.. absolutely comparable to the C&L.

Doug's torque and performance tunes are quite different. Both are good for daily drivers. The torque tunes gives more low end torque while sacrificing some top end power... fun, fun around town from street light to street light! The performance tune also makes a dandy tune for the track.. it's the tune I settled on before I started going to the track more often and needed a race tune.