Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharge??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:39 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharge??

Again I was talked out of supercharging> id really like to consider that, but I was told that these cars (my V6) warnt really designed for that, and that Id need alot more than just a supercharger and if I want more power just get a Cobra because there build better, so Im wondering along with a blower how much more modding would I need???? I got a pony package V6 if that means anything,
Old 09-08-2006, 08:51 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL
how much more modding would I need????
sorry.. thought we just spend the last 30 posts covering that.... ????

You can put in a complete S/C kit WITH NO OTHER MODS.... There are some mods that will come in handy and be beneficial like a LSD and LCA's... and a new muffler would help too... but they are NOT mandatory... If you go with a complete kit it will have every thing you need! No other mods required....

As far as the Paxton... Paxton has an exclusive deal with Shelby... which means it's probably a lot more money... which is why none of us have a Paxton... LOL
Old 09-08-2006, 08:57 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

I just want to make sure before I spend $4000 on this, and might have mechanical problems soon after from overloading the engine or other parts (BTW does a fuel pump come with Vortech, can the stock one take it)....And id like power that just not looks good on paper but I can use as a daily driver and some time at the track....but thanks for all the inputs......
Old 09-08-2006, 09:28 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

I just want to make sure before I spend $4000 on this, and might have mechanical problems soon after from overloading the engine or other parts (BTW does a fuel pump come with Vortech, can the stock one take it)....And id like power that just not looks good on paper but I can use as a daily driver and some time at the track....but thanks for all the inputs......
The stock fuel pump is fine... you do need new (bigger) injectors but you can get that as part of the complete kit...