Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Save $$$ on those damn exhaust hangers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:15 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Save $$$ on those damn exhaust hangers!!!

They had mine by the next day. The pipe took 2 days. I agree that a person would be about as well off to move one of the right brackets over to the left side and have the shop fabricate the other ones, but I guess I'm kinda **** about having everything like it's 'supposed to be'. Probably no good reason for it, but having the factory brackets makes me feel better about the job.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:30 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

So ya i called witham in waterloo today thinking that was the one the dave dude works at and it wasnt. They tried to charge me $60 per hanger so then i called over to la porte and got ahold of scott which had known about you from the stuff you ordered from them, got 2 hangers ordered for $39 a piece awesome deal. Be in wednesday which is when the car gets done, just dropped it off this morning. They asked about ordering a gt pipe to go with it but i was just going to have boubin or someone custom fab the pipe and make an "x" pipe type thing since i didnt want to buy the pipe and buy an x-pipe making it a fortune to me.

Any idea of where to go for the custom fab?
Old 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

my price at ford in canadian currency is 34$
Old 11-22-2006, 02:33 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

So ya i called witham in waterloo today thinking that was the one the dave dude works at and it wasnt. They tried to charge me $60 per hanger so then i called over to la porte and got ahold of scott which had known about you from the stuff you ordered from them, got 2 hangers ordered for $39 a piece awesome deal. Be in wednesday which is when the car gets done, just dropped it off this morning. They asked about ordering a gt pipe to go with it but i was just going to have boubin or someone custom fab the pipe and make an "x" pipe type thing since i didnt want to buy the pipe and buy an x-pipe making it a fortune to me.

Any idea of where to go for the custom fab?
I'm glad you got a good deal on your stuff. How come he charged you $39. he told me he would charge MF members $35. Was the extra $4. for tax? Remember what I said earlier, by the time Boubin bends that mid-pipe, your probably going to have more in it than if you got the Ford one for $84. Boubin said that they have a generic X-pipe that they use. Should be about $75 or $80 bucks for the piece. I do understand why you would want to save a little money when you can, exhaust work can get expensive. Just for your info, I just ordered the Tunable Induction deal on the Xcal2 and CAI. While on the phone, John and I got talking about my exhaust (yours should be similar) He said that he didn't think headers would be worth the time and expense. Said that any horsepower gains would be minimal. I'm sure that if a guy got into FI it would probably be worth it. Dave
Old 11-23-2006, 09:59 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

No it was $39 a piece after tax, it was $78 for the two then with tax it came to be about $84. Good news i got my baby back yeeeeeehaaww. The bumper looks amazing, diversified sent me a real good one no scratches/nicks what so ever. Im picking up the hangers tomorrow then going over to boubin to have them look at the exhaust. They said they couldnt give an estimate over the phone so i need to bring it over then i will decide whether or not i will go with the custom or order the gt mid and x pipe myself to be installed. Its getting a little more expensive compared to what i thought it would be so i hope theres no more expenses i forgot about.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:22 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Funny how all of those expenses add up. I've never really thought of exhaust work as one of the top expenses, but that's how it's turned out. Like I said before, I was planning on getting headers, but I don't think that I will now. Did you have to have that bumper painted or did you luck out and get a nice one in your color? You'll have to post a couple of pix when you get your work done. What happened to your signature photo?
Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

I got the torch red pre painted of course off of a GT but as you may have read it says they cant help if the bumpers may have scratches on them so i lucked out its so clean it amazed me. I never thought about getting headers at this stage, heard alot of people say minimal gains not worth it really unless you go s/c or something then maybe be a bit more useful. I never had a signature photo. Its fkd up i took pics and loaded them on the computer then tried to put them on and use one for the sig. and the thing said it didnt use my format of the pics. If you know what the problem is tell me so i could get the posted but otherwise i wont be able to post any pics.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:43 AM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Are your pictures jpg.? If so, I would think that they would work. I know that the avatar picture has to be quite small, otherwise it won't take it. Dave