Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default What to do next?

After I've done every mod I want to do that I could do other than gears which I'm gonna do, What should I do next? How much HP would each of these mods give me? What would give the biggest SOTF difference?, and how much HP do u think our stock injectors could take?

Thanx
Old 07-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What to do next?

I'm looking for the best bang for buck mod out of all of these, ty!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:50 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

How aboubt ditching the JBA and getting dome true duals, and leave the actual motor alone. UDP's are worth 5-10HP, the rest of the stuff does not really seem worth, by itself,on a stock motor. Gears and LSD, would be the best performancebang for the buck, as far as cheaper bolt-ons go.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
mymuscle

How about a short shifter kit. There are a few kits out there (hurst is one) that are cheap and bolt on easy. under 300$! Also a Posi would be cheap if your messing with the gears already. (if you want you could get an 8.8 axel gt take off that would come with a posi and you could buy one with the gears or put them on before adding the new axel.) Ive heard that good shorty headers would be a good add on and it would be pretty easy. Of course new set of wheels and tires would be good. as far as the list goes. I would recomend the cam shaft upgrade, then the headers upgrade from your list.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

If you have the money just go with the X-charger 4000.00 and you can install it yourself. Give Dave a call at Explorer Express, he may just give it to you free of shipping. The X-charger will give you close to 300hp, I think!
Denny
Old 07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

PS-read sig, it's an auto, no short shifter possibility! How much are camshafts and what are they worth HP wise? Also, UDP will run me $300, are they worth it in the low-end gains?
thanx
Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

How about a new one piece driveshaft.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

no, answer my question, aluminum driveshaft is too expensive for too little gain![:@]
Old 07-23-2007, 10:27 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

If it ws my car, I would skip the UDP and add true duals, not that duals would net you more power than UDP, but a good exhaust sysytem is a good basis for performance, present or future. Small bolt-ons may cost less one at a time, but look at it this way by time up due full bolts-ons the parts/labor would add up to the price of a supercharger. A good plan is needed to get where you want to go, and beside your mod list is nice as is, just enjoy the car. Opinion: Skip any kind of internal motor work, unless you get boost.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

How much HP would I get if Iswitched from a single high flow muffler to duals with an H? What about to true duals? HP from UnderdrivePulleys? HP from camshaft? What other mods could I do next? Nothing over $500. Any suggestions? What's the next best mod for me for low end? I hear UDP's are the best for low end gains? What would a camshaft run me and where can I get it? Would go tireshelp a lot, If so what r ur suggestions and what would it runme?
Thanx ahead of time![sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=thanx.gif]