Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Flowmaster AT's

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:38 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Default Flowmaster AT's

I'm sold, I want to get Flowmaster American Thunders. Should I go single or dual? If you vote dual, could you please suggest either an X or H pipe setup?

Also for people who have duals, is the drone bad / is there drone?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Flowmaster AT's

Dude its your car but I say keep them single. Here is some food for thought, its a V6 let everyone know it is, duals weigh more and don't add more power and they cost more too.

I stayed single and never had any regreats. Dual only look cool that is the only benifit...N/A.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Flowmaster AT's

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Dude its your car but I say keep them single. Here is some food for thought, its a V6 let everyone know it is, duals weigh more and don't add more power and they cost more too.

I stayed single and never had any regreats. Dual only look cool that is the only benifit...N/A.
And what a benefit!

Also they're louder. Another important consideration.

I would (and am) going duals, but I'm not sure if I would go duals with Flowmaster ATs. I've heard from our GT buddies that dual Flow ATs sound kind of crappy.

However, I have a single Flowmaster AT on my car right now, and I'm totally happy with the noise it makes. Flowmasters were probably my second choice for going duals, although like I said, the sound quality (especially up high in the RPM band) is questionable. They get a bit raspy and crazy sounding.

Anyway, listen to some video clips and stuff and figure something out.

If you're set on Flows, you should probably dual them. As for the weight and power issues, who cares? Did you buy a V6 to have a race car? If you did, you'll be dropping a supercharger into it anyway, in which case the duals will provide power benefits.

If you didn't buy the V6 to have a race car (this is the most likely situation) duals will look and sound better than the single, and although they can get expensive (my setup is in the $1400 neighborhood for example, but you should be able to get it done cheaper than that; Flowmaster duals I'm guessing $600-700 max) they're totally worth it for the look and sound.

Here's the video of dual Flowmaster ATs on a V6 which almost made me reconsider the setup I got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7KTGOG7yw

(Turn up the volume!)