Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Transmission swap ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Transmission swap ?

ORIGINAL: MN Moose

ORIGINAL: z06stang

Jake, are you thinking on doing the 4.6 and manual swap all at once? thats the vibe i'm kinda getting from you. if so cool especially with Brad finishing up the trans swap and all the others doing the motor swaps.
Yep thats the route im gonna go once spring semester gets closer to letting out and i have a little more time and funds for it. I'm sure hoping i can follow yourself and tino. I have 100% confidence that i could do the swap in two weeks if i have everything required to do it in my garage (so that means i need to get an engine dolly first).

and i got the FRPP gears and tlok. I got them used to the gears were already broken in and there is a little whine @ 35 mph and 55 mph. It is no where near what i thought it was going to sound like, i can barely hear it.

steelstang, i see your points, but i have already heavily looked into the auto to manual swap and I KNOW for a fact i could do it for under $500. The reason i would do this and not trade in my car for another one is: i like my current set up, i like everything i've already done to my car, and most of all i enjoy working on it. I've done all the work on it myself (exhaust, headers, rear end, stripes, axle housing, and even the simple stuff) i dont know if you take your car to the shop to get everything done but i personally prefer to save myself money and i like doing it.
I say go the tranny swap! It was pretty much based on how much money you had into your car already(with mods) to decide whether or not to trade it in. I would love to install my own parts,but I pretty much can't do anything more on my car than changing oil, changing coolant, and installing a cold air intake.I hope that my dad(who knows how to take engines apart andput them together will show me stuff on my car or a project car(old mustang) in the summerso I could learn how to do some stuff.That's a sick project you have there! Good Luck with that and Best of Luck on the Tranny Swap going well!