Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Trust the Midas touch...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:21 PM
statuszero

Default Trust the Midas touch...

So I went to Midas today with my 08 V6 to have them look at putting a dual exshaust system in and they told me that they didn't want to take the time to bend the pipe for the exhaust but directed me to a local shop that would. The guy took it off the lift and gave me my keys and I saw what looked like dirt or water on the hood and didn't look twice cause it had been raining. I went to the other shop got my exhaust with flowmasters and it sounded great. I look at my hood and try to wipe the smudge off and find out its two gouges down into the metal of the hood. I call and ask the local shop and trhey said they noticed it before they began work. I call Midas and they are denying it but they are having me come in to have it looked at. I will let you guys know how it goes...
Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Trust the Midas touch...

Wow.. that sucks. I bet they're going to deny it..
Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 PM
ToanTo

man that sucks...my experience with midas sucks overall...i was installing duals myself at home (diy kinda guy) but when i got to putting the mufflers on the hanger on my driver side muffler was hanging too high and i didnt have the means/time to bend it myself so i decided to take it out to a midas and have them bend it for me...first guy (and older more experienced guy) got it on the lift and "wrestled" with it and said there is absolutely no way he could get the muffler on....i thought it odd since i had that same muffler on perfectly positioned just an hour ago in my garage laying on my back with the car on two rhino ramps....so i kept asking are you sure...guy keeps insisting that he cant get them on, and questioned the kit that i got, then questioned the mufflers (gt takeoffs...how can they not fit???)...after about 10 minutes of me trying to tell the guy that the mufflers will fit, another guy comes and takes one look at it and says of course we can get them on. 15 minutes later my car is on the ground and i'm out the door. i smelled something fishy going on, but whatever...pretty sure i wont be going back to midas

but long story short...sounds like some bad news for you man...hope it turns out good

ps.sorry for the long post
Old 07-04-2008, 12:43 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Yea I am not much for Midas myself. If I can do it myself then I will take it to a specialty shop, where I know the people doing the work and they dont mind me watching and learning.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

I went to Midas one time with my F150 I had an exshaust leak I could hear/smell but not find after they told me I needed all new exshaust system and it had to be stainless and would run about $1000.00 I took it to Ford. Told them what Midas said they looked at it could not find any problem with the stuff Midas said was wrong with it. It turns out that it was just a return pipe to the manafold to my suprise it was a recall item I paid nothing for the fix. Never went back to Midas and never will.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:40 AM
1badV6
2nd Gear Member

midas sucks i dunno how they stay open
Old 07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
crazyray78

Ya, midas DOES suck. Went to go get some exaust work done, they had some"new guy" [what I was told]up there lifted my 04 dodge ram on the lift, the guy put the feet UNDER the fenders!!! Needless to say, the bottom part of the fenders and bed were crushed. $5000 to fix [on their dime after threatining the DM and RMwith a lawsuit]but I was without my truck for a month. buncha crooks and rooks IMO.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:27 AM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Guys Midas' are individually owned...each shop is only as good as the owner and manager.

We are lucky here...they are owned by good folks and hire competent people.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 PM
statuszero

Yeah I got sick of fighting with them, so i turned it into my isurance and it will cost me $100 dollars with no increase in my monthly payments. Have American Family insurance and they have been great. I bought a motorcycle a year ago and they gave me a great rate and switched it to my primary vehicle which saved me hundreds a year and still had full coverage on my car.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:25 AM
supernatural

I agree with illin,

I personally know the owner of the local MIDAS in Bossier City, LA. He has bent over backwards for his customers and is very successful. I am sorry to hear that several of you have had a bad experience.

ORIGINAL: illin

Guys Midas' are individually owned...each shop is only as good as the owner and manager.

We are lucky here...they are owned by good folks and hire competent people.