Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Rear stabilizing bar cracked = wobble of death. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07lane40
unless that's aftermarket, that's not a panhard rod. i haven't seen any mustangs come from the factory with a panhard rod. it's more likely to be a sway bar. in either case, thats probably not what is causing your wobble. many many V6 stangs came without either of these bars from the factory. Mine being one of them, and i never had any issues.

Its most likely that you have bigger issues. even if you dont hit anything you can get stress issues with the car. i would like to also see this "8 inch wobble" because a wobble like that would cause your entire stock wheel to be outside of the wheel-well. there are some major underlying issues if that's really the case, and it has nothing or VERY little to do with your sway bar.
You're joking right? Because every S197 (including yours) has a panhard rod. Breaking one would instantly cause the rear axle to move sideways back and forth and become uncontrollable.