Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Poor Bamachips cs, do I have options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

Default Poor Bamachips cs, do I have options?

Well, after several events of extremely poor customer service, and multiple rude conversations, I've decided to no longer use Bamachips to fix the problem they created. A little while back, I went on a dyno run with a friend of mine and noticed that the air/fuel stayed around 9-9.5 through the run. The Dyno guy explained to me that it was running rich, and because of this the car was missfiring and put down only 240 HP. The car with everything on it should make over 300 no problem. The problem is with the tune, and when I contacted Doug for advice, he told me to go to a real dyno and get another one done, and to never send CRAP like that to him ever again. Pretty much word for word. Other things were said, and I tried to be as nice as possible, and explain to him that this problem was so bad, that the car missfired like crazy and the run was stopped when I ran the wet-x on it. So now I have to pay for another dyno run before Doug even considers helping me out. Could I just get a custom dyno tune done and nip this in the bud? I don't want to spend too much money fixing a problem Doug has caused.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

You can always get a custom tune done.

This sounds rather out of character for Doug based on my personal experience. He has always been 100% helpful and polite in my dealings with him, and I've not heard of anyone else reporting this type of response.

Did he say what he specifically didn't like that would prompt a suggestion to seek a "real" dyno?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

I understand where you are coming from, and have talked to someone else about it. He has also noticed a little "out of character" attitude from Doug before. I'll see if I can dig up the original email that transpired.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:15 PM
NuclearMuscle523

Me:
Just did a dyno run, three pulls. The first pull he said the air/fuel was too rich, and only made about 240 hp. He also said that it was misfiring slightly. The third pull I had the wet-x engaged and tune uploaded, and he said the air/fuel went so rich, it started misfiring like crazy. He said you would know how to fix this. Please help.

Him:
Get me some real results from a Dynojet, don't send me crap like that from any other dyno.

Me:
The closest Dynojet to me is 2 hours away, and will cost $100. Is it possible that his dyno gave wrong air/fuel ratio and wrong HP numbers? He has front page 1200HP supras and what not just lying around, so I assume he knows what he is doing. I could get him to unlock the tune and fix it? I don;t want to start a war with you, I just want my car to run right without it costing me a fortune.

Him:
I don't care what he does there, this isn’t a supra and I don't tune them. If you want more support from me then I will require proper dyno charts with the a/f on them in the proper format. Dynojet's are the industry standard at which everyone compares their dynos tune and what I use.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:24 PM
SCGirl
1st Gear Member

wow...you seemed nice about it, and he didnt...now I know there are always three sides of a story, but you have me second guessing buying my CAI and tuner from him
Old 05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

What sort of dyno did the place you were using have?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:34 PM
NuclearMuscle523

One of the very few conversations I've had with him. But obviously this was so uncalled for that it made me post it. All three sides are here.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:35 PM
NuclearMuscle523

dynopack I think it was called, the one where they bolt hubs to your axle.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

Dynapack isn't really considered the dyno of choice.

Pretty much it's Mustang or Dynojet. If Doug tunes on Dynojet, it's best to give him numbers from a Dynojet.

I've seen people complaining that Dynapack hp numbers can be incorrect based on torque and rpm. Depends on how the tuner sets up the dyno.

If you're seeing numbers that don't match:

torque x rpm / 5252 = hp

Then pretty much you have garbage data.

I'd be surprised if Doug's tune was 9:1 a/f. I'd think you'd be smelling raw gas.

If anybody's gonna know how to tune your X, it's gonna be Doug. But he needs to have reliable data to work with.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Dynopack isn't even the dyno of tenth choice...I can at least understand now why Doug was loathe to adjust anything based on that particular session.

Nuke: you might find this of interest:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=96256

Quick Reply: Poor Bamachips cs, do I have options?