Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What is the best Dual exhaust for a 2010 Mustang v6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by markkk
yea I'll probably install the exhaust I get myself with my old man instead of paying for installation. Then I'll use the money I would have used for installation for a rear valance
The rear valance can be cut to fit the drivers side muffler, the NTO Kit comes with the template, Just be careful to make sure its the correct one as the one I received was for 2005-2009 model so the cut was off by 3/4 inch, which required me to cut more so it wasn't rubbing the bumper. I ended up finding a GT rear valance from a local guy for a cheap price. look around and you can find better prices.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 AM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
The rear valance can be cut to fit the drivers side muffler, the NTO Kit comes with the template, Just be careful to make sure its the correct one as the one I received was for 2005-2009 model so the cut was off by 3/4 inch, which required me to cut more so it wasn't rubbing the bumper. I ended up finding a GT rear valance from a local guy for a cheap price. look around and you can find better prices.
Yea I was planning on just cutting out from the valance when i first get the exhaust then looking around for a valance. I really want a gt500 valance or the roush one, but i can't seem to find them for a good price.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by markkk
Yea I was planning on just cutting out from the valance when i first get the exhaust then looking around for a valance. I really want a gt500 valance or the roush one, but i can't seem to find them for a good price.
I saw the GT500 valance on the guy's GT I bought my valance from, I don't really care for the way it looked, almost as if there was too much space around the exhaust tips looked bad in my opinion. The prices are really high for the GT500 and Roush valances.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:15 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

yea thats what i hate, the price. So I'll probably get a gt valance new, i dont car for the used unless its jawdropping cheap and in great condition.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

i bought my roush rear valance a while abck from AM when they had the $20 off. I'm mad I didnt buy an x pipe then
Old 08-19-2010, 09:03 AM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

haha that sucks
Old 08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
1swimmer

Hey Mark,

New user on here, just got my 2010 3 months ago...I'm in the same boat. Can't make up my mind on which exhaust set-up to go for. Want the sound and performance, but cheap, lol. FRPP is wicked expensive, but seems to have no problems. I dont know THAT much about cars, so piece mealing together an exhaust system is not my way to go. GT take offs seems like a goot deal, I'm a little hesitant going that way because its not through Ford. Does anyone know to get a good CAI, exhaust, tuner combo on the cheap side?

Need to save the money for a beater during the winter
Old 08-19-2010, 01:29 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1swimmer
Hey Mark,

New user on here, just got my 2010 3 months ago...I'm in the same boat. Can't make up my mind on which exhaust set-up to go for. Want the sound and performance, but cheap, lol. FRPP is wicked expensive, but seems to have no problems. I dont know THAT much about cars, so piece mealing together an exhaust system is not my way to go. GT take offs seems like a goot deal, I'm a little hesitant going that way because its not through Ford. Does anyone know to get a good CAI, exhaust, tuner combo on the cheap side?

NTO all the way! I know its hard guys to make a decision, it definitely was for me! especially because there are so many damn options out there. It took me months of listening to YouTube clips till I finally decided the most important thing was to have the true duals, once installed if I didn't like the sound I could always by new mufflers. I decided to go with the NewTakeOff true duals because of the price first of all, the the fact that it came with real Ford Mustang GT Mufflers for my year of car. I am completely satisfied if you couldn't tell from all my posts on this subject!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:24 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1swimmer
Hey Mark,

Yea just listen to conejo he bought the NTO GT Takeoffs and I'll be buying them pretty soon, in about a month or so ill have them and installed
Old 08-20-2010, 02:21 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

I wil be using a custom x pipe, but I was wondering if anyone has bought the x pipe from etd motors on ebay?

Quick Reply: What is the best Dual exhaust for a 2010 Mustang v6?