Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What is the best Dual exhaust for a 2010 Mustang v6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:42 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
NTO all the way! I know its hard guys to make a decision, it definitely was for me! especially because there are so many damn options out there. It took me months of listening to YouTube clips till I finally decided the most important thing was to have the true duals, once installed if I didn't like the sound I could always by new mufflers. I decided to go with the NewTakeOff true duals because of the price first of all, the the fact that it came with real Ford Mustang GT Mufflers for my year of car. I am completely satisfied if you couldn't tell from all my posts on this subject!
hey conejo I'm getting ready to buy this NTO exhaust kit for my 2010 automatic. did you have any problems installing? Do you have any advice? I just looked at the price and it came to $413 overall, I'll probably make a deal with my dad, I have the money it's just another upgrade he has to go over thoroughly.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:26 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

well I got my gt500 exhaust in today and am just waiting on my x pipe to show up. I will let you know how everything goes, as I will be renting a pipe cutter from autozone ($15 that I get back when I return it and will be using band clamps.

Eventually I will have the x pipe welded in, along with the midpipes. This way, the only thing that wont be welded are my mufflers, in case I want to change them out
Old 08-22-2010, 08:52 AM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

yea ill probably have to do the same with a pipe cutter
Old 09-01-2010, 11:17 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

hey guys/ga;s, I just finished my install of my new exhaust. I'll try to ost a vid sometime this weekend when I have time to figure out why I have a rattle. I think it may be one of hte mounting brackets, but im not sure
Old 09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop
hey guys/ga;s, I just finished my install of my new exhaust. I'll try to ost a vid sometime this weekend when I have time to figure out why I have a rattle. I think it may be one of hte mounting brackets, but im not sure
Hey man i had a rattle too but it was the midpipe touching a metal bracket going across the back end of the car, check it out
Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

k i fixed it. Now all I have to do is find my flip camera lol. I had my muffler clamped up too far and it was causing the backet to hit the underbody
Old 09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by v6motorheadftop
k i fixed it. Now all I have to do is find my flip camera lol. I had my muffler clamped up too far and it was causing the backet to hit the underbody
yea i know what you mean, i think i got mine fixed too
Old 09-03-2010, 06:46 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Mark I'm sure its something minor, just a slight adjustment can make a huge difference. Let us know. I had the access to a lift when I did mine so it was a lot easier to inspect for those things before tightening all down. I too need to put up a video of mine, I know I've been saying it since July 4th but I'm a busy man
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
Mark I'm sure its something minor, just a slight adjustment can make a huge difference. Let us know. I had the access to a lift when I did mine so it was a lot easier to inspect for those things before tightening all down. I too need to put up a video of mine, I know I've been saying it since July 4th but I'm a busy man
hah yea its a little harder with jack stands. but yea i was makinga video too i mean i need the software to upload it but idk when ill do that
Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

ok I uploaded some viedos and am hosting them on youtube. How do i imbed them in my posts here?

Quick Reply: What is the best Dual exhaust for a 2010 Mustang v6?