Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the Mustang Forums tnroadrunner.
conejo172 Said it about right, although just like the Corvette, the Mustang went through many changes on the same platform.

Originally Posted by Kona6Stang10
Just noticed you're from tn....where in TN are you?
I'm in knoxville
I am up in Clinton, drive through Knoxville twice a day to and from Maryville where I work.

Originally Posted by Bait12
I'm in TN too, Maryville here, so I'm not too far away from Knoxville!
I work right near William Blount and Big Springs Rd.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums! You're going to learn a lot here about mustangs just by keeping up with the daily threads! Like previously stated, the Mustang has been in production since '64 and hasn't stopped since. I'm sure you're aware of the fuel crisis back in the 70s (I wasn't around then, but I've done some reading) and just by looking at the power output of the fuel crisis-era stangs you can see how bad of a predicament the country was in, yet somehow the mustang survived that stretch!

And I've never been partial to silver, but I've been seeing some 2010+ silvers pop up around this forum and I gotta say the color has definitely grown on me!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Welcome to the forums! You're going to learn a lot here about mustangs just by keeping up with the daily threads! Like previously stated, the Mustang has been in production since '64 and hasn't stopped since. I'm sure you're aware of the fuel crisis back in the 70s (I wasn't around then, but I've done some reading) and just by looking at the power output of the fuel crisis-era stangs you can see how bad of a predicament the country was in, yet somehow the mustang survived that stretch!

And I've never been partial to silver, but I've been seeing some 2010+ silvers pop up around this forum and I gotta say the color has definitely grown on me!
Thanks for the welcome, I do remember the 70's fuel crunch, and the little 4 cylinder Mustangs darting around being sold as "Economy Cars"...... YUK, hated those. As for the silver, I used to hate silver, especially in the 70's and 80's, those things oxidized so bad it should have been against the law to paint that stuff on a car. Now that that has been solved and the pigment in teh paint has been brightened up to a high shine they look much better. Toss in the 4 coats of clear coat on the Mustang and it does create an extremely nice shine.