Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Meth with S/c kit?? yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 PM
badboymustang

Default Meth with S/c kit?? yes or No

Im thinking of installing the X-charger Xtreme kit on my v6 mustang and i was wondering if a Meth kit was a + or - ?? lol
http://www.americanmuscle.com/snow-p...ce-stage2.html
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 PM
JimC

It is a minus - (really no need to start this post in multiple threads by the way)

On the Xcharger you will strip the coating off the rotors and the only way to spray meth on the Xcharger is before the rotors.

This is the result after a friend was running meth - and not for long either - I took the pictures when I upgraded him to the Xtreme.

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  139.7 KB

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  198.9 KB
Old 12-27-2012, 09:32 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

OP,

One huge positive to running Snow Performance's water/methanol kit with their "Boost Juice" formula is the ability to run more boost with your Xcharger. The water/methanol kit acts as an octane booster and on top of that it cools the combustion temperatures which prevents over heating damage/cracking of your factory cast pistons. It's a nice kit to run a "race fuel" when you want it, but still have the ability to cruise around town without using precious "race fuel."

Shane

Originally Posted by JimC
It is a minus - (really no need to start this post in multiple threads by the way)

On the Xcharger you will strip the coating off the rotors and the only way to spray meth on the Xcharger is before the rotors.

This is the result after a friend was running meth - and not for long either - I took the pictures when I upgraded him to the Xtreme.
JimC,

I've seen several other positive displacement blowers with similar issues to your friends. However, all of the guys that had issues with the rotor coatings wearing were running 100% methanol, opposed to 49% methanol & 51% water (aka Boost Juice). Do you know what percentage of methanol he was spraying? It wouldn't surprise me if the extra water helped take the edge off of the methanol harshness on the rotor coatings.

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 12-27-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 PM
JimC

Shane, as I recall he was running boost juice so about a 50/50 mix.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JimC
Shane, as I recall he was running boost juice so about a 50/50 mix.
That's interesting, so much for my untested theory lol. Thanks for sharing your friends experience. I would like to do some more research on the topic though. I feel there's more to be dug up, since there's a good amount of people who've been running water/meth long-term. Talking with some more Termi owners would definitely help with gathering other results.

Let me know if you find anything out yourself, too!

Shane