Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Upgrading exhaust questions on a 2010 - rear valance? headers? X-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 08:48 AM
Frznrth123

Default Upgrading exhaust questions on a 2010 - rear valance? headers? X-pipe?

Hi
I just bought 1/2 of a 2010 with a stock 4.0 - my son bought the other 1/2. While I likely won't get to drive it much he seems more than happy to let me help fix it up a bit. I've already ordered a CAI and a throttle body and am now wondering about upgrading the exhaust to dual but have some questions:

- Will a GT's rear valance just bolt on? Am hoping to find one at a salvage yard.

- Will a dual exhaust "kit" also just bolt on? Would like to do it with my son if it isn't too bad. - Same for an X-pipe and Shorty headers.

- With headers though are they worth the cost on a stock 4.0 that won't be tuned? Will they give a few more horses or just sound nice?

Any suggestions on a decent setup that won't break my burger flipping son's budget (I still get to kick in 1/2 - lucky me!) would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the time.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:08 AM
Frznrth123

Sorry - Was also wondering between an X and an H pipe? Ease of install? Benefits of each for this application?
Thanks
Old 06-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Frznrth123

Sorry - Was thinking more H than X - and wondering if it would be worth putting in a true dual or just leave in the Y?
Thanks