4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Surprising difference with K&N install

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 11:46 PM
silver03gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Surprising difference with K&N install

What a surprise, I try and put a small amount of insight iinto the forum and everyone has to s#%t on it and call me a liar, no it is not in my head, cause I expected nothing, the suprise came when I actually did notice a difference, I am not saying the damn thing gave me 50 H.P. just that I noticed a bit of a difference, you can disagree with me if you want, I was just trying to offer some input on this usually good forum,,,,,,, but I guess I will find out for sure next weekend, I am dyno'ing the car and I will swap out the filters while I am there and I will post the results, and since you guys will probably say I am full of sh$t then too, I will scan and post the results, maybe I am wrong, but I doubght it, thanks for the great support and feedback in our oh so friendly mustang community
Old 03-04-2006, 11:53 PM
mingrey01gt
2nd Gear Member

My wife noticed a slight differance in mpg;s when I put one in the Xterra. That's about it.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:56 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silver03gt

What a surprise, I try and put a small amount of insight iinto the forum and everyone has to s#%t on it and call me a liar, no it is not in my head, cause I expected nothing, the suprise came when I actually did notice a difference, I am not saying the damn thing gave me 50 H.P. just that I noticed a bit of a difference, you can disagree with me if you want, I was just trying to offer some input on this usually good forum,,,,,,, but I guess I will find out for sure next weekend, I am dyno'ing the car and I will swap out the filters while I am there and I will post the results, and since you guys will probably say I am full of sh$t then too, I will scan and post the results, maybe I am wrong, but I doubght it, thanks for the great support and feedback in our oh so friendly mustang community
We aren't saying that it didn't give you any HP bro. But you aren't going to feel a 3HP difference, that is what we are saying.... You mean to tell me that you could tell the difference between running a 14.1 and a 14.0998? Because that is about the difference you are looking at...
Old 03-05-2006, 12:06 AM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

he didnt say he gaind 50 hp or 3 hp he said he felt throttle response, that u can fell. I.E. when u race the engine by pushing the pedel the engine revs quicker than it did before the filter, im not saying it gave him anymore power or not i agree with the 3 hp that he got but i do belive he could fell the response faster....
Old 03-05-2006, 12:07 AM
silver03gt
3rd Gear Member

Going back and fourth about it is useless, I drove the car and felt a difference, I cannot prove this in any way, nor can you guys prove otherwise,,,,,,,, I don't have a track in my backyard, so can't tell you 1/4 times, lol, but I will let you know the power difference,,,,,, maybe it's not even an increase in peak power, maybe the curve just changed a bit, but I deffinantly noticed a difference in good usable power. and anyone from MA. area,,,,, still trying to get some people together to go to the dyno in Hanover on March 11th.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:08 AM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: travisl1213

he didnt say he gaind 50 hp or 3 hp he said he felt throttle response, that u can fell. I.E. when u race the engine by pushing the pedel the engine revs quicker than it did before the filter, im not saying it gave him anymore power or not i agree with the 3 hp that he got but i do belive he could fell the response faster....
i agree.................... +3 hp and better throttle repsonse
Old 03-05-2006, 12:11 AM
mingrey01gt
2nd Gear Member

don't forget to remove the air silencer
Old 03-05-2006, 12:22 AM
bb1211
2nd Gear Member

i know what you mean silvergt, no matter if it's 1 hp, or just a little better response i know when my car feels just a tad different.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:40 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bb1211

i know what you mean silvergt, no matter if it's 1 hp, or just a little better response i know when my car feels just a tad different.
Oh I dont doubt you will feel the response and all, but honestly I doubt humans have senses that are acute enough to detect a 1hp increase ...
Old 03-05-2006, 12:57 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

It's all in your head.
+1

I was really excited about my diablo chip (the first one) when I got it. I thought it made a difference but after a few days I couldn't even tell.

My upper intake stuff was kinda the same way, but I was on a stock exhuast at the time, so it probably didn't do anything.

Quick Reply: Surprising difference with K&N install