4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What will it take?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 01:56 AM
boss281
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What will it take?

yeah LS1s are no joke ive never beaten one[&:] arter 3rd they start to gain on me......ull brobably need a pi
swap, gears, DRs, alot of bolt ons and who knows what else....
Old 03-05-2006, 02:07 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

look at the engine above! do you thinkthat mod would be good enough?
ORIGINAL: boss281

yeah LS1s are no joke ive never beaten one[&:] arter 3rd they start to gain on me......ull brobably need a pi
swap, gears, DRs, alot of bolt ons and who knows what else....
Old 03-05-2006, 02:08 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimmyGt

so if I did the swap to the ford M-6007-M146 I would be close but not good enough to beat him?

this is what I was going to put in!
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=6229

ORIGINAL: HaV

You are going to have a haaaaard time catching that sucker on just motor with the 2v. Even with a DOHC swap your not going to be up there even with it. Those things usualy run low 13's.. where your car stock might be a mid 14's at best.. You need to knock a full second off. Easiest way to do that would probably be gears/slicks/ laughing gas... if your talking a motor swap, that DOHC is still probably going to need a few boltons to catch the LS1. If you threw on gears/tires/supercharger for your year you would probably beat him as well...
You might be close but I dont think you would have him if thats the only thing you did. Most mach 1's are running anywhere from mid 13's to low 13's depending on driver, tires, etc. They come with a better stock gearing in the rear then your car has as well. With that, a gear swap, and slicks.. would probably take him since he is an auto.. but thats ONLY through the 1/4... those things can go. Ask Tommy or JD about them... they are the resident F-body guys.. if you want to know how they pull PAST the 1/4... In my car I would probalby only have a nice death to tell everyone about [&:]
I could be very wrong about that.. with the swap you might be faster then a stock mach 1.. but I kinda doubt it. Those LS1's are killers for stangs man.. Only the 03/04 cobras can beat them on a regular basis
Old 03-05-2006, 02:11 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

what about that engine with 4.10s?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:19 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

it would be close in the 1/4.. depends on how strong his car runs... You need to know what the guy can actualy run before you really get an idea of what you need to do to beat him. If he has one of those odd ball cars that runs high 12's (which I doubt since he's an auto), you will have a harder time catching him then if he has a slighlty weaker car running mid 13's.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:22 AM
tripleblack
1st Gear Member

Time to go to war!

But first, a few words from our sponsors...

1. PI kit, with PI heads (ported and polished - Fox Lake does a great job) and Comp or VT cams.

2. Blower kit and custom dyno tune (for more info, check out www.modularpowerhouse.com).

3. Short throw shifter - MDW, Steeda or 5.0 Pro.

4. Gears (4.10's would be my guess), and you're done.

You'll have him easy if you do this - and you'll be a lot poorer, of course.

Tell you what, give us a $ budget, and we'll see how quick and effectively we can spend it.

Oh, just thought of an alternative: Join the local MCA regional club. Most of these clubs have members with fast cars (some with verrrrrrry fast cars), and if you're lucky, one of them just might loan you their ride for a good cause. Nothing like a 10 second notch or a 11 second Cobra to teach those unruly GM products some manners!

tripleblack
Old 03-05-2006, 02:23 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

I think just the engine alone will keep me close because he is at 305-hp @ 5,200 rpm and 335 lbs.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm where I would be at 305 HP @ 5800 RPM and 320 ft./lbs. of torque @ 4200 RPM!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:24 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

His car is kinda hott **** compared to yours... no offense. You're comparing one of the fastest v8s to the slowest v8s.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:28 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

thats why I want to know what I should do to shut him up about how great his car is. he is a stuck up yuppie who his mom and dad give him everything! if I keep the 4.6 I will be going cobra or mach 1 if not that I will be getting the 5.4! I just dont know how crazy I will have to go before I can get him to stop talking!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:34 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

I know he can beat me now he has like 70+ hp on me. thats why I was asking what I would have to do to beat him!
ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

His car is kinda hott **** compared to yours... no offense. You're comparing one of the fastest v8s to the slowest v8s.