4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what KiNd oF EXHAUSt

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 02:20 AM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

Default RE: what KiNd oF EXHAUSt

ORIGINAL: mustangGTdude1031

ORIGINAL: demon_head

I like the way Flowmasters sound, but i guess i'm partial to it cuz that's what i have.....plus i don't mind the drone that gets on most peoples nerves. Short clip of my exhaust in my sig at WOT if you wanna take a listen
Awwwww man, your car sounds heavenly. I cant wait to get mine that loud. It has that tone, but it just needs to be a tad more louder. If I could get my car to sound like yours then I would be so freakin happy!
thanx man, yeah i have the o/r h-pipe with it, so when you get yours you'll definetly be happy with it
Old 04-09-2006, 02:25 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

I love the way my flows sound cruising, but I want something that sounds awesome while cruising and louder while WOT. That's why I wanna switch to stingers when I can spare the dough to do so.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:29 AM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

I like the way Flowmasters sound, but i guess i'm partial to it cuz that's what i have.....plus i don't mind the drone that gets on most peoples nerves. Short clip of my exhaust in my sig at WOT if you wanna take a listen
Awwwww man, your car sounds heavenly. I cant wait to get mine that loud. It has that tone, but it just needs to be a tad more louder. If I could get my car to sound like yours then I would be so freakin happy!
thanx man, yeah i have the o/r h-pipe with it, so when you get yours you'll definetly be happy with it
Do you have weld ins or the AT catback. I wanted the AT catback, but my Dad had these weld ins put in for me as a surprise for my 16th b-day. I just hope it will sound the same when I get an h pipe since my pipe size is smaller.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:36 AM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

Do you have weld ins or the AT catback. I wanted the AT catback, but my Dad had these weld ins put in for me as a surprise for my 16th b-day. I just hope it will sound the same when I get an h pipe since my pipe size is smaller.

Mine are just weld in's, but they used 2.5" pipe after where the h-pipe connects all the way to the flows....then back to 2.25 i believe after the flows.....
Old 04-09-2006, 02:40 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Hey
How loud do u mean when u say loud
thanks
LM1's are LOUD. With a stock h-pipe and stock headers though, it will be real nice. They only start to get extremely loud with headers and aftermarket midpipes. For instance my setup sends people running for cover because they don't know what is going on, but with a stock front end, LM1's will really wake up your car and sound amazing. Definitely not too loud with stock front end.

I am a huge fan of the LM1's. They are the best sounding mustang catback on the market, IMO.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:46 AM
Steeda1716
3rd Gear Member

I have SLP's on my fox along with a bbk o/r h-pipe and shorty headers,I get compliments everwere i go it so loud that my back liscence plate shakes lol..I love them deff the best sounding catback out there.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:00 AM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

Mine are just weld in's, but they used 2.5" pipe after where the h-pipe connects all the way to the flows....then back to 2.25 i believe after the flows.....
Ok cool. I'll just have em put 2.5 in. in between the flows and the midpipe when I get it. Thanks for your help man!

O ya, and sorry for hi-jacking the thread.