4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Tuners, opinions on them.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 06:30 PM
roaddog

Default Tuners, opinions on them.

Looking at buying a Tuner in the near future for my 98 and 00 4.6 S/C Moostangs. I would like to get folks opinion on what brand is the easiest and user friendly and one that the company has the best Tech support if you have a problem or question with their product.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2006, 06:48 PM
MustangGTftw
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tuners, opinions on them.

My DiabloSport predator just came in the mail. As soon as i plugged it in and messed around with it, i could feel a very considerable difference. I was actually very surprised. Its easy to use, and plugs straight in. Tunes the car fast and makes a back up of your original PCM or PMC, not sure lol. But i was very pleased with the product, definatly worth the $350.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:50 PM
MustangGTftw
2nd Gear Member

also, theres a **** load of options. Best bang for the buck from this product.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:03 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

they have a deal on rpmoutlet right for either 4.10 or 3.73 gears and the predator tuner for 450! the tuner works great, i've heard that their customer service isn't that good though, but you shldn't need it, if you do everything right.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:51 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roaddog

Looking at buying a Tuner in the near future for my 98 and 00 4.6 S/C Moostangs. I would like to get folks opinion on what brand is the easiest and user friendly and one that the company has the best Tech support if you have a problem or question with their product.

Thanks!
You own 2 supercharged mustangs and neither has a custom tune??

How is either even still alive?

A handheld isn't gonna do it, unless a custom tune has been downloaded to it for you from a speed shop, or you have the ablity to reprogram the handheld yourself.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:13 PM
roaddog

Yes, TWO of them, That is how I got them. The dummies who put the S/C on them thought you could just slap it on the motor and let it rip. Well, as we all know the first thing that went was the Pistons due to Det problems. The one I rebuilding now not only had 4 M.I.A. Piston tops but, also was missing the top compression ring on two pistons and the head gasket was blown on 3 cylinders out towards the exhaust side of the head THANK GAWD! it did not tourch the block between cylinder walls!.
The second Moosestang I have, I'm getting today/night. from out of Florida. It has a Saleen S/C set up on it and I bought it site un seen. Just heard about it word of mouth. The guy who owned it said that it has a dead miss on one cylinder and when you pull the plug, it is oil fouled. Suppost to be a factory set up on the Saleen S/C set up. I Will not know till I get it though and look into it. This is why I'm fixing to buy a programmer so I can read what the vehicles current set up's are and find out what adjustments need to be made on the programs.
Thanks for the input so far guy's keep it coming so I can make an educated buy!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:19 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

wow that's awesome, getting two dead stangs and rebuilding them. You a technician for a living?

YOu are going to forge all the internals right? after goin through that trouble.

Get some pics if you can too
Old 04-14-2006, 10:34 PM
roaddog

Yes. Forged all the way. That is why I have been asking all the questions on motor parts. I put the block,crank and forged pistons and rods in the Machine shop today for Cylinder honing and piston fitting. Also, getting the block decked and the rods/pistons and crank re-balanced. I'm going to finnish the first D.O.A. stang and get it back ripping pavement then work on the 2000.
I would be Glad to post pic's if I knew how. If I shoot them your way, could you do it for me?. I can try to get some Saturday of both projects.
Not a tech....Just been a hobby of mine since I was 12 yearsold. I'm 44 now. I have been turning wrenches that long as a weekend stress relife hobby.
I had my first Mustang and was driving it at 14 yearsold. Dam Police just did not understand that when you own a stang...you just got to drive it! I had the "dummy book" learned front to back before I was 16! Ha! Ha! Ha! DAM DRIVING SCHOOL!.
And what CORNEY A@@ movies they would show you ! I think it was to bore you so bad that you did not want to come back! Ha! Ha!