4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HID Headlights. Any difference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HID Headlights. Any difference?

ORIGINAL: djdalfaro

This is what I've got. Ok... and so the highs are H3, and the lows are H1... now If I buy HIDs will I have to get two kits??, If I want both lights light at once, and do you know of anywhere where I can find a workaround? Also... I'm looking for LED bulbs for the stock fog lights... do you know of anywhere where I can find them... I've looked on www.autolumination.com, and they have just about every possible LED lights for cars except headlights (of course) and fog lamp replacements. Thanks

~Alf

welll.......... thats gunna be a tough one...

I dont think you can buy another kit and plug it in with your current setup since they all work off the same wires but you MIGHT be able to get it to work with some ingenuity.... you would have to find out what wires run the high beams and make up some harness and get that to work but it seems liek it can be done but costly....

what you can do is buy a HID high/low kit for the H1 and then buy 2 H3 bulbs and put those in for the high beams(should be the same connectors to the balasts)......this is exactly what i was gunna do when i put my HIDS in with stock housings and was gunna go projector
Old 04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
djdalfaro
2nd Gear Member

That sounds like it's going to work... Now to convince the wifie, that I need these...heheh

~Alf
Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

That sounds like it's going to work... Now to convince the wifie, that I need these...heheh

~Alf

good luck with that

the high/low kit will be around 500 plus 2 H3 bulbs 200 a bulb i believe(i could be wrong)

do lots of research
Old 04-21-2006, 03:49 PM
djdalfaro
2nd Gear Member

Yep... Thanks for the info.

~Alf
Old 04-21-2006, 04:21 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

This is what I've got. Ok... and so the highs are H3, and the lows are H1... now If I buy HIDs will I have to get two kits??, If I want both lights light at once, and do you know of anywhere where I can find a workaround? Also... I'm looking for LED bulbs for the stock fog lights... do you know of anywhere where I can find them... I've looked on www.autolumination.com, and they have just about every possible LED lights for cars except headlights (of course) and fog lamp replacements. Thanks

~Alf
first off projectors are total RICE!
second HID drop in kits are gay you will end up screwing up more things...
thrid all you have to do is retrofit real HID's into your headlight...
This is a BMW bi-xenon HID lens retrofitted in a headlight... and this is the way to go!!

this is the same headlight in the stock version...

Old 04-21-2006, 06:03 PM
djdalfaro
2nd Gear Member

I don't actually think that my headlight look all that rice. Honestly I think the lights you posted look more rice what with all the chrome, but whatever. The thing I like about my projectors is how damn bright they are when I'm driving. What is this retrofit that you are talking about, and where can I get more information. Also do you have any pictures of those lights when they are lite? Thanks

~Alf
Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 PM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GTnAZ

first off projectors are total RICE! WRONG

second HID drop in kits are gay you will end up screwing up more things... WRONG

thrid all you have to do is retrofit real HID's into your headlight... WRONG

This is a BMW bi-xenon HID lens retrofitted in a headlight... and this is the way to go!! MAYBE, MAYBE NOT
fourth, your headlights look gay
Old 04-21-2006, 06:41 PM
qbuswell
2nd Gear Member

Not sure on this but I heard that hid work better as they warm up........so if you have projectors get the HID for the low beam and use a high quality standard for the highs because usually you only have your highs on for a small amount of time. Right when you click em on they won't be the brightest until they warm up..........and then you have to click em off for a car...........by the way I see that you can get dual Halo angel eye headlights for the 99-04 stangs. I like em but I don't think they are for stangs......Maybe for a BMW
Old 04-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Great Cornholio

ORIGINAL: GTnAZ

first off projectors are total RICE! WRONG

second HID drop in kits are gay you will end up screwing up more things... WRONG

thrid all you have to do is retrofit real HID's into your headlight... WRONG

This is a BMW bi-xenon HID lens retrofitted in a headlight... and this is the way to go!! MAYBE, MAYBE NOT
fourth, your headlights look gay

ha

+1
Old 04-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

I don't actually think that my headlight look all that rice. Honestly I think the lights you posted look more rice what with all the chrome, but whatever. The thing I like about my projectors is how damn bright they are when I'm driving. What is this retrofit that you are talking about, and where can I get more information. Also do you have any pictures of those lights when they are lite? Thanks

~Alf
HiDPlanet.com

thats site for retrofits

Quick Reply: HID Headlights. Any difference?