4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Professional Products Typhoon

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 01:02 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Professional Products Typhoon

Appreciate the info[sm=closed.gif]
ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

ORIGINAL: rjgstang

i wasnt quoting the article you jack!@#. i was simply letting them know there was an article on it so he could read it and decide for himself!!! sorry mr. mustang expert
oooooooooo... A fiesty newbie. Didn't mean to get ya all riled up there buddy. I am just tired of people sayin "it will give you 23 HP because that's what the article said". And no, I did not say I was a Mustang expert, but I also do not mislead people by saying that piece of sh** intake gained 23 HP. And, one more thing, I hate it when 16 yr. olds call me a "jack!@#". Grow the fu** up man, this is a online forum, no need to start all the name calling with someone you can't even see, hear, or interact with other than electronically.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:05 AM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

Anyway, enough off topic discussion - moral of the story is that the typhoon intake is a hype and a bunch of junk IMO. If you want a good intake that will give you some good gains go with a P-51 intake from Fox Lake Mustangs. Will give you HP and TQ across the entire RPM band. Probably the bets intake for the 2v on the market right now. Only problem is it will cost you around $1200-$1300 because the kit comes with new fuel rails and some othe stuff which is necessary for the install.

Fox Lake
Old 05-31-2006, 01:09 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Anyway, enough off topic discussion - moral of the story is that the typhoon intake is a hype and a bunch of junk IMO. If you want a good intake that will give you some good gains go with a P-51 intake from Fox Lake Mustangs. Will give you HP and TQ across the entire RPM band. Probably the bets intake for the 2v on the market right now. Only problem is it will cost you around $1200-$1300 because the kit comes with new fuel rails and some othe stuff which is necessary for the install.

Fox Lake
Even the p-51 is a complete waste of money on a stock bottom end n/a 2v car. You will still see small losses down low, and it won't really wake up until you are fairly close to redline.

The stock PI intake is acutally a pretty good piece for coming from the factory. The simple fact is the intake will outflow the stock heads (n/a) so there just isn't much point.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:11 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

look, im not recommending anything about this intake just to read the article! as a matter of fact i also feel the fox lake p51 is a better choice. im here to read/ learn/ dicuss topics on mustangs which is what we all should do. give your .02 about the topic or subject at hand, not about what someone suggested someone else should read to learn more about the that HE POSTED!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:11 AM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Even the p-51 is a complete waste of money on a stock bottom end n/a 2v car. You will still see small losses down low, and it won't really wake up until you are fairly close to redline.

The stock PI intake is acutally a pretty good piece for coming from the factory. The simple fact is the intake will outflow the stock heads (n/a) so there just isn't much point.
I agree completely, but then again I am no expert.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:14 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I agree completely, but then again I am no expert.
what we really need is someone to sacrifice themselves, walk into one of the aftermarket 4.6L companys, and hold a gun to their head while forcing them to develop a aluminum head that will flow close to 300 CFM and cost about 1400 bucks

Old 05-31-2006, 01:26 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

point me in the right direction.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:35 AM
1996mustangGT
1st Gear Member

sorry to jump in,
in the most recent Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords
they were talking somewhere that there were 2 company's
about to release new intakes, ill look up the companies
but it should be alright....
dont kill the messanger please!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:34 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 1996mustangGT

sorry to jump in,
in the most recent Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords
they were talking somewhere that there were 2 company's
about to release new intakes, ill look up the companies
but it should be alright....
dont kill the messanger please!
BBK is making one, soon to be released
Old 05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
mightyb28
2nd Gear Member

will cost you around $1200-$1300 because the kit comes with new fuel rails and some othe stuff which is necessary for the install.

Fox Lake
WOW!!! Holy crap. Might as well get new C-Heads with cams if you are going to start dumping that kind of coin. I have been wondering about manifolds, but they are hard to find for the modular 99-04. Still think the C-Heads and a blower is better $$$ spent.

Anybody else have a better idea on the $1300? Do you agree on the C-Heads?

Quick Reply: Professional Products Typhoon