4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do??

Old 07-22-2006, 01:44 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What to do??

Blow your stang. Stay true to your roots!
Old 07-22-2006, 01:45 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

my friend bought a 99 vette for 17k... i would keep looking for one.. his has 80k miles on it though but the ls1's last a long time.... his is the a4 though and its got z06 rims, some other looks mods, and a borla catback... car looks real good and looks mean... just wish it could keep with the stang... haha.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:51 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Thats a really tough decision. A Vette is just more of a prestigous car... They have the "wave" in the Vette world and they always joke around saying that if I was to wave to every Mustang I saw, my arm would fall off (since I am a previous owner), which is so true because I see probably 5 stangs every day, compared to the 4 Vettes I have seen since Ive owned it.

Vettes have much more potential, the LS engines are much better and more responsive and built for power as said before.

Thats a tough decision... I would take a nice built up blown GT, but then again, a nice Vette is very hard to turn down... Nothing compared to a Stang.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:58 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SXGT

a vette or any LSX motor for that matter is purpose built for POWER and Speed. Its a superior car and motor in every way.
I just dont like the way they look. If I thought they were "superior in every way" I woulda bought one. I bought the better car. I have drivin them & im not all that impressed. I have also heard all the "why my Vett is in the shop AGAIN" stories.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:26 AM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

yea im in the vette forums and thats all i hear is "my vette is down again" or "its in the shop again" I also hear about a lot of problem with the electronics on the vettes, mustangs dont break as much but as of right now i am leaning toward a saleen blower for the stang
Old 07-22-2006, 02:31 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

yea im in the vette forums and thats all i hear is "my vette is down again" or "its in the shop again" I also hear about a lot of problem with the electronics on the vettes, mustangs dont break as much but as of right now i am leaning toward a saleen blower for the stang
What forums are you guys looking on....? Because Im a member on CorvetteForum.com and theres been posts these last couple days about....

My Vette just hit 100K and still running strong... No problems til this point Or...

My Vette is in the shop AGAIN, because shes being retuned and modded for another 100 rwhp.

Half the time you see those shop stories is because someone violated someone else's property (their vette) and it was damaged so it needs to be repaired because people have no respect.

Yes, you always hear the... My Vette is making squeaking noises again, but my Stang did plenty of that. Im completely bias now because I own one, but I am still a die hard Stang lover too. The Vette is just a completely different car. The rush of driving one is soo uncomparable its not even funny, and like I said, the response factor to the mods is unreal.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:32 AM
Jcelli04
2nd Gear Member

you cant go wrong either way, both cars are great cars...good luck
Old 07-22-2006, 03:26 AM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

I would absolutley go with the Vette. I love my stang in all, but the Vette is WAYYYYYY to sick to pick over a stang.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:32 AM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

Mustang = Paid off, and all you would have to do now is build a bad *** engine that would eat the Vette

Corvette = Mid-life crisis mobile, overpriced, and as a 98, under-equipped...

I'm not just biased. It makes too much sense to hold on to what is paid off... You can throw a Cobra engine in there for what you'd pay for the vette, and then it's all exponential performance after that...

JT
Old 07-22-2006, 04:03 PM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GodAmGT00

Mustang = Paid off, and all you would have to do now is build a bad *** engine that would eat the Vette

Corvette = Mid-life crisis mobile, overpriced, and as a 98, under-equipped...

I'm not just biased. It makes too much sense to hold on to what is paid off... You can throw a Cobra engine in there for what you'd pay for the vette, and then it's all exponential performance after that...

JT

Well corvettes arent overpriced, but they will hold there value way more than a stang will, you can still get a 1990 for 10,000 and the other month i saw a 94 for 14000. I still have a month and a half to make my mind up but i still dont know...

Search this Thread