4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mod Reviews...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

Default Mod Reviews...

Ok so i thought to my self, every time i get on here there is always a post about, what should i do next? or how much does this cost? or what GEAR should i go with? or which is better? well i thought it would be a good idea to get kind of a mini database of mod reviews from the guys who know best....the ones that actually have them on thier cars. if everyone wants to list thier mods what they like about them and what they dislike and if you can remember the price, i think this would help everyone out tremendously......Ill start

Flowmaster 40 series weld ins- Great first mod to do if your looking to drastically change the fun level of driving your stang. its much cheaper than a catback b/c the mufflers just replace the stockers and it sounds great. You can find the mufflers on ebay for pretty cheap, about 60 or 70 a piece.

K&N FIPK CAI- Also another good starter mod, Doesnt add much but it really wakes up the car, and feels alot more responsive. got it for about 170 on ebay shipped. IMO STAY AWAY from MAC CAIs, there metal and the filter in the fender is hard as hell to service, thats why i switched to K&N

Accufab 75mm TB and C&L Plenium- I put these together because this is the only way it should be bought, b/c one complements the other so well... if your trying to decide between 70mm and 75mm just go bigger b/c its not going to hurt you. the throttle is loads smoother, and when you get on it in certian parts of the throttle it makes a cool hissing noise due to the way the air hits the TB (i guess) got the combo off RPM outlet for 300 bucks.

Steeda UDP- If your thinking about going any other brand just because its cheaper, STOP!! steeda is the best out there and you can get them for 200 bucks shipped from MT. I diddnt really feel anything with this mod, but i know its there, bc i can feel my engine not working as hard to get the rpms up. If you know your going to stay N/A go with this, it is an essential mod to squeeze all the hp you can out of the 2V but if your going SC dont do it bc you will just have to change them back out when you get the SC

Diablosport Predator- Verrry usefull little tool. i first installed the canned tune and drove around with it and diddnt feel too much difference. but as soon as i advanced the timing to max and got on it (make sure you use 93 octane) it made a world of difference to me, it pulled much harder all the way through the power band and up to redline. also if your planning on getting gears or an o/r midpipe the thing practically paying for itself. if you can get one used, i got mine on ebay for 250 bucks

MGW short throw- This is a must have for any 5 speed, makes the shifts much more firm and i never miss 3rd EVER. also easy install and about 200 bucks from MGW Ltd.

DD 10.5 Bullitts- By far one of the best apperance/performance mods you can do that is right up there with lowering springs. If you have problems hooking up, get a set of antricite bullitts (they match perfectly with the fronts) and it makes it much harder to break it loose. the sumimoto htrz tire is only 107 a piece at tire rack, and it is a great tire.

Apperance mods- the best Apperence mod in my books is the Chin spoiler and Grill delete combo. Ford should have done this from the factory. i get soo many complements from everyone on it at least twice a week.

Well thats about it, ive got 3.73s going in on tuesday, and then its quits on the mods untill at least christmas or birthday
Old 07-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mod Reviews...

yes yes... good thread... im getting 4.10 gears put in today and lowering my car as well crosses fingers for better handling and faster acceleration =)
Old 07-27-2006, 02:01 PM
NORTON98
2nd Gear Member

Very nice post! If you got 3:73s going in on tuesday why is 3:90 on your future mods list?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:07 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

this is a good idea but people here don't search before starting a new thread so it won't work. This is the only forum i go on that you wil see 10 CAI and 10 Gear and 10 Which exhaust threads posted everyday....The mods don't mind i guess?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:41 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NORTON98

Very nice post! If you got 3:73s going in on tuesday why is 3:90 on your future mods list?
oops, havent changed my sig in a while, i thought i was going with 3.90 but wanted FRPP parts
Old 07-27-2006, 06:28 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

buummp
Old 07-31-2006, 04:05 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

man nobobdy wants to do this? i think id be a really good sticky
Old 07-31-2006, 04:11 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Review their mods? I've done it before, it's all opinion, really, it would become way too much reading for most, they would rather post a thread and get exactly what they want.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:20 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

It would be good to have these common mods listed for the actual gains they will yield. Honestly it seems that with a 4.6 2v GT if you break out of the 14's you have done very well. I ran 14.5 before the tuner and 4.10's and 14.5 after. Granted it's on street tires and 245's at that so I have some 10.5" Bullitts and 315's coming for the back because if the car doesn't hook the gears do nothing and as was said could even make you slower. UDP's(5HP), C&L plenum w/75mm TB(7HP). Catted X-pipe and catback, about 12HP. No big power makers. I do have a drop top so more weight and an automatic which seems to be a bit slower than a stick. mark