4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Hit an' run

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 02:02 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Default Hit an' run

ok guys, we had fireworks in our little town of St. Germain last night, kinda dull but me and my friends had a good time, the fireowkrs end and we meet up with a couple of people as they areleaving and talk for about 30 min as the traffic is starting to leave. well we figure we had better get going but there is still a boat load of cars there, so we get in and start inching my way out, get a cpl of cocky kids saying its only a v6, so i dump the clutch and show em what some v8 hp can do, it takes me about another 30 min to get about 20 yards away from the highway, so nows its been about 1 hour after the fireworks, now there is traffic trying to merge into us, but they have a stop sign, so im riding this guys *** cuz i wanna get outta there, but this lady in her big conversion van desides she wants to get out, now im only like a foot from this guys bumper in front of me, but this lady in her van comes from the right hits my right front fender, yells at mne cuz i didnt let her in, she then cranks her wheels to the right drives through my car, gets out to the highway and leaves, got her license number, called her in as a hit and run, the cop comes over talkes to me and the 30 other witnesses that saw her hit ME! they find the lady that hit me, stop by her house, she says she had a kid on a ventilator, so she had to get outta there asap. but hold on, i sat there for about an hour before i got to the highway, if she was in such a hurry with her child, dont you think ashe should have left about an hour earlier? i just want your guys opinion if that was the ethical thing for her to do, literally push her way out onto the road, or should she have waited like the rest of the people were doing and avoided having to pay for a new front bumper, headlight, fender, new decals, and a new bra for my car?

Black Mage

[IMG]local://upfiles/2723/Xv638142377.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2723/Oj269112098.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-28-2004, 02:09 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Hit an' run

Reguardless of the circumstances, she's still liable because she hit you. Now her excuse as to leaving the hit and run, thats up to a judge to decide, ultimately its up to you to pursue the issue.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:20 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

yea, i imediately called it in as a hit and run, didnt move my car from where it was, they eventually found where the lady was, she complained that i used vulgar language towards her, well she just hit a 10 grand car and drove off, im sure shed be pissed to, cop said he would write up the report on what he heard from us and the other witnesses, but the thing is, my insurance is gonna get cancelled either way, so im screwed
Old 06-28-2004, 02:27 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Your insurance isnt gonna have to pay, hell they don't even have to know. Most insurance companies report all claims to a "claim report" that other insurance companies can look at, but most only do it for new policies. This lady should pay for your damage, and you should pursue the hit-and-run charges if you feel the need to.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:43 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

i got some estimates yesterday on the damage, and it averaged to about 850 between the 4 places i went to, the guys at each place said they might not be able to replicate the vinyl that is on my car though, has anyone ever seen this decal before?

Black Mage

[IMG]local://upfiles/2723/Pn362316876.jpg[/IMG]