4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Exhaust Sound Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:20 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust Sound Question

I agree 100% that LTs are the way to go but the problem is that my High School is FULL of speedbumps it is absolutly rediculus.
So was mine... Luckily last year right before my senior year started, they removed one of the speed bumps coming into the high school because they added a parking lot and realized it was no longer needed, that was a huge relief. So I parked in the newer parking lot, and cut thru another parking lot when I left school to avoid 2 speed bumps.

The way it was setup was perfect, my school was filled with them too, but luckily there were ways around them. I feel your pain though, other than school you won't have any driveability issues. Hell if I had too I probably would have parked at a friends house and walked.

Otherwise just wait out the LTs... you probably have one more year of high school, then throw them on.

PS - your car is NASTY, I LOVE the white on white look. Thats what my brother is going to do hopefully 18 inch Saleens in white.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:40 AM
Zephid
2nd Gear Member

ok no matter what sound is commin through your speakers its no where near the sexiness of a loud stang. go L/t and an o/r shorty H pipe. trust me, you will be happy.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

Ya sounds like it worked out well for you...my school has way too many students for the parking lot that we have, normally only juniors and seniors could park but going into my junior year they changed it to seniors only [:@] so everybody else has to find a place to park. Im going to have to find a safe place for my stang to park and cover it but until then im drivin the family f150. Anyways the parking lot has about 5 spaces that you can get to without going over a speedbump and sometimes they dont open the west exit gate so you HAVE TO GO OVER THE BIGGEST SPEEDBUMP ON CAMPUS. haha its like they knew I was coming luckily i have hookups in the parking dept so i can get a good end spot w no speedbumps...hopefully they wont forget to open the gate next year.

PS thanks for all of the feedback guys
Old 08-31-2006, 08:19 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

In all honestly, I would go to the principal of the school and be like listen... My car is the nicest in the entire parking lot, I can't go over speed bumps, and I need that gate open every day, lol.

Stinks man, hope everything works out... Get some nice sound coming out of that thing though to go with the looks!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:22 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gar4pt6

I know that you can't go wrong with flows but everybody and their brother has em.
LMAO true that...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:36 PM
meyerj88
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gar4pt6

Ok guys, I bought my car and it has a pair of flowmasters on it and thats it for the exhaust. I know that you can't go wrong with flows but everybody and their brother has em. Im thinking of going with a catted X and maybe some LTs (ground clearance damn sportlines) but I still want to be able to hear my stereo. So I guess what im asking is...is it worth it to switch out the flows for a more unique sound and what combo of the catted X and mufflers will create a unique sound yet not be LOUD? Maybe im just asking for it all idk let me know what you guys think. Thanks
being different just for the sake of being different isn't always a good thing. but hey, if you want another exhaust, more power to ya. personally i love the flowmaster sound
Old 08-31-2006, 09:53 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

that would be true if i didnt go one of the most stuck of rish a$$ public schools in az and there are beamers and hummers in the parking lot haha but ya ill try
Old 08-31-2006, 10:47 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

that would be true if i didnt go one of the most stuck of rish a$$ public schools in az and there are beamers and hummers in the parking lot haha but ya ill try
Oh believe me, me too. I got $150K cars in my parking lot... But they couldn't touch the stang. Only car in the parking lot that could beat me was some kids CTS-V. But I upgraded with the Vette at the end of the year... So I was always the big man on campus.

All these kids riding around in beamers with their 184 HP engines... Whatever, mine was the nicest, and yours is nicer than mine. [8D]
Old 08-31-2006, 11:00 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

you throw an off road H in there and you'll love the flows