4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

centri's....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:24 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Default centri's....

What kind of differences are there between the centrifugal supercharger brands like paxton, vortech, and procharger? Is one been known to produce more power?
Old 09-07-2006, 05:14 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: centri's....

bump
Old 09-07-2006, 05:25 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Best quality kit is probably paxton. Vortech and Procharger is a toss up, people who own vortechs say they're the best, likewise with procharger.

They all make relatively the same power per boost. Difference with the vortech is that it has a water aftercooler instead of an air/air intercooler. It makes the kit more expensive, when its not nessesarily much better.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:37 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

eh...Vortech makes the best centrifugal blower for the street. ProCharger makes the best for the strip...
Old 09-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

i own a vortech and still i disagree with that vortech is best for street and procharger is best for strip...theyre very similar superchargers with the way they produce power. supposedly twin screw are best for street and centri are best for strip.

procharger has self contained oil...vortech taps the oil pan. some say vortech is better cuz procharger has a risk of leaking. some say procharger is better cuz you dont hafta tap the oil pan. theyre both good quality products.

i went with vortech cuz i got a great deal on one. i wouldve went with either one...just got a better deal on vortech.

supposedly vortech can make the same amount of power as procharger but while generating less heat...thats why the kit doesnt need to come with an intercooler.

cant go wrong with 1900 for a mostly complete supercharger kit.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:26 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I would probably just see which brand has the best deal when the time comes. Is paxton usually more expensive?

And for the Vortech's, what is the difference between the V-1 and V-2? And what is the SQ... I think I read somewhere it was the quiet version or something...
Old 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Mt Twigbert
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

i own a vortech and still i disagree with that vortech is best for street and procharger is best for strip...theyre very similar superchargers with the way they produce power. supposedly twin screw are best for street and centri are best for strip.

procharger has self contained oil...vortech taps the oil pan. some say vortech is better cuz procharger has a risk of leaking. some say procharger is better cuz you dont hafta tap the oil pan. theyre both good quality products.

i went with vortech cuz i got a great deal on one. i wouldve went with either one...just got a better deal on vortech.

supposedly vortech can make the same amount of power as procharger but while generating less heat...thats why the kit doesnt need to come with an intercooler.

cant go wrong with 1900 for a mostly complete supercharger kit.
This guy said pretty much what I think..

Procharger and Vortech are very similar.. From my understanding Prochargers move MORE air and create more boost.. However, they create more heat by moving more air and thus they sell ALL their superchargers w/ an intercooler.. You don't have an option to buy their supercharger w/o an intercooler..

If you plan on building a track car I would suggest a Vortech because they do move good air at a cooler rate.. If your building a street car and want it to be a sleeper I would suggest a Vortech.. If your buliding a street car and like the loud whistle then I suggest a Procharger..

One does tap the oil pan and the other is a self contained unit (Procharger) but neither should weigh on your decision because neither are a big deal in performance..

I built my car for the street and like the loud whistle so I choose Procharger.. I have no regrets and love the unit..
Old 09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
gtboy2k
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Best quality kit is probably paxton. Vortech and Procharger is a toss up, people who own vortechs say they're the best, likewise with procharger.
Just out of curiosity, why do you say paxton is the best quailty
Old 09-07-2006, 10:28 PM
raceerx_deletedbyrequest
I ♥ Acer

Old 09-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

plenty of people have run a vortech safely without the aftercooler. its not that big of a deal. vortech would not sell the kit without the aftercooler if it was totally unsafe for cars.

Quick Reply: centri's....