4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

you guys can shove it i used the search (not literal its called humor)and well...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:46 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: you guys can shove it i used the search (not literal its called humor)and well...

thanks for the advice drop top i will definately consider it but im looking at over 2500 for the p51 intake and pnp and its looking like under a grand for the 4v heads but i dunno ive been researching alot and i forget what shop but someone has a non-intercooled 2v with bonde stock heads and intake pushing 550rwhp and the intercooled version is over 600rwhp all with stock 2v heads man thats impressive i have a brand new set of PI heads still in the boxes and wrappers so i guess i could go ahead and assemble my engine the way i was planning and just send those heads off to be done and save up for the p51 or something but your right 550hp is plenty for a street ride and that is my goal i have stage 1 blower cams going in already with a forged low compression bottom and 15+ psi and i will be adding a nice intercooler so hopefully i will hit 550 with my metahnol injection
Old 09-14-2006, 06:49 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: you guys can shove it i used the search (not literal its called humor)and well...

oh yes i know darkcrime i dont not use any punctuations as i never finished school so therfore i never learned what a complete sentence was and i would hate to put a punctuation mark in the wrong place and you guys laugh at me for it i would rather me picked on for not using any than misusing them lol i may seem like a douchebag to some but i enjoy a little friendly trash talking and do not take anything any one says to heart and hopefully noone takes what i say the wrong way and knows i am joking 90% of the time
Old 09-14-2006, 07:05 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99roushgt

thanks for the advice drop top i will definately consider it but im looking at over 2500 for the p51 intake and pnp and its looking like under a grand for the 4v heads but i dunno ive been researching alot and i forget what shop but someone has a non-intercooled 2v with bonde stock heads and intake pushing 550rwhp and the intercooled version is over 600rwhp all with stock 2v heads man thats impressive i have a brand new set of PI heads still in the boxes and wrappers so i guess i could go ahead and assemble my engine the way i was planning and just send those heads off to be done and save up for the p51 or something but your right 550hp is plenty for a street ride and that is my goal i have stage 1 blower cams going in already with a forged low compression bottom and 15+ psi and i will be adding a nice intercooler so hopefully i will hit 550 with my metahnol injection
A guy i know over on Stangnet (reeber) has stock PI heads/intake with a mild set of cams with his vortech @ 12psi and he is just over 500rwhp with no intercooler. He just hooked up a Snow meth kit aqnd is gonna crank up the boost...i think he wants 550-600rwhp.

And it might be under a grand for the 4V heads but the intake and the timing cover/parts/nuts/bolts/gaskets/tubes etc etc etc will add up faster then you can imagine. My Cobra block with 2V heads wound up costing me several hundred dollars extra because i needed to buy all new hardware and nuts/bolts that didn't swap from the 2V block/timing cover. Its the little things that add up quick so keep it simple if you can.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:21 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

you are right you always dont think about the little miscellaneous nuts and bolts and parts tha are super hard to find ... think i will either keep the 2v heads and my cams i already have or some custom grinds or i will just swap the whole lincoln mark vIII engine cam it use my parts to forge it and then change the manifold that should be good enough but i dont know what it takes to complete that swap i only have heard of one person who did it on here aixtreme89 but if that wont pass emissions then i wont even bother with it