4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sea Foam Rising!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Sea Foam Rising!

I don't know what's worse...all caps or all bold.

The chevron stuff is just a concentrate of what's already in gas. So while it's okay to run it every now and then, it's not a miracle techy thing. They also make concentrations of the chevron that is only sold commercially for auto shops to do that whole fuel system clean out.

As for Seafoam, I already pointed out what's in it. Lighter fluid, Isopropyl Alcohol and a light grade oil. None of which is found gas and all of the reason ('pale oil') that causes the smoking. Cheveron additives are already in gas thus they don't smoke.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:19 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

If someone is dumb enough to actually pour water in their motor, then they are an idiot. I was being sarcastic earlier. It was to prove that just b/c something smokes, does not mean its working. Obviously sarcasm is beyond you.
U just need to give up, the people that use seafoam may not have proof that it works, but u dont have proof that it doesnt work. So everyone needs to stop arguing unless they have valid proof.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

I don't know what's worse...all caps or all bold.

The chevron stuff is just a concentrate of what's already in gas. So while it's okay to run it every now and then, it's not a miracle techy thing. They also make concentrations of the chevron that is only sold commercially for auto shops to do that whole fuel system clean out.

As for Seafoam, I already pointed out what's in it. Lighter fluid, Isopropyl Alcohol and a light grade oil. None of which is found gas and all of the reason ('pale oil') that causes the smoking. Cheveron additives are already in gas thus they don't smoke.
I think we are fighting an uphill battle here.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: ackuric

If someone is dumb enough to actually pour water in their motor, then they are an idiot. I was being sarcastic earlier. It was to prove that just b/c something smokes, does not mean its working. Obviously sarcasm is beyond you.

never heard of water injection? lots of Forced inductionENGINES use it. It can also be done to cause a 'steam cleaning' effect. you're just dumb if you dump a bucket of water expecting your engine to compress it.
fixed for accuracy if you're going to spout off. Not to mention you're not entirely correct. Water injection is used to cool the air coming into an intake thus increasing it's density. Higher density = more fuel and air in combustion chamber = more power.
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

I used seafoam for the first time on my car (70,000 miles), and I could tell a difference. It's really noticeable when you just rev the engine, it revs up and comes down much, much smoother than it used to.

I've used seafoam for years on my '82 Mastercraft skiboat... often gets water in the gas due to condensation in the tank. I've always used it in the fuel system. The stuff works. Period.

[sm=closed.gif]
jrspony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ackuric

[b]my seafoam experience. first time i seafoamed, i did the same amount as the rest of the times i had in the future. 2 shooters worth, i got a huge smoke show, lasted 15-20 seconds. this very last time i seafoamed, same amount, only smoked 1 cloud, 2 seconds. so, is it just seafoam causing the smoke show? i followed my exact same routine the first, and last time.

that was probably b/c after the first time of using it, all the un needed deposits had been burned off, leaving little to nothing left to burn for the second application..... U jus solved the mystery!! If it didn't smoke as much the second time after following the same routine then it worked well the first time. That should be enough real evidence to close this case shut!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:23 AM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

This is ridiculous...

The only intake/engine cleaner I'll use is made by 3M. It's an aerosol-type spray used in the intake stream that cleans the entire plenum and even the valve stems.. I've used it w/ great results..

It's like $75 for everything though, the cleaner, the spray nozels, and some other stuff...

After that, talk to an old school MOPAR Guy.. He'll tell you to use ATF in small amounts in your PCV, followed by water... That would work better than IPA or Xylene...

JT