4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

2003 Mach 1 info...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 04:37 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 2003 Mach 1 info...

ORIGINAL: Miliock

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Yeah i would take a mach over a cobra any day too. Besides an eaton used cobra blower off the internet would fit right on there and they sell for like $500. Then you've got a cobra without the pesky 6-speed or IRS. (things ppl love about the cobra that i hate.)

Auto>6-speed

Becuase in a 6-speed you have to shift too much. Shifting is down time in the world of racing. Its great for gas mileage but not for racing. For put the 6-speed in the cobra as a selling point. 6 is more than 5 so it must be better right? Powerglide FTW! lol Im just not a big fan of IRS. Atleast not Ford's IRS. They have good aftermarket IRS systems but a GT with a full coilover kit and full suspension mods will kill a cobra in handling in every aspect.

What you said here make absolutely no sense.

1. The eaton is NOT and I mean is NOT a direct bolt on to the mach 1 motor....it would take thousands of $$ to make it work. Plus the ****ty pistons, rods, etc in the mach can't support much more than 9lbs of boost anyway.

2. You only use 4 gears when drag racing so it makes no difference whether you have 5 or 6 gears...6 speed is the greatest thing since sliced bread for street cars IMO.

3. Of course a HEAVILY modded suspension will kill the stock suspension. Have you ever driven the IRS? Launched it? I doubt it. The IRS rides awesome and hooks better than a solid on the street IMO. Oh and btw there are plenty of IRS cobras running in the low 10 second category.

I've noticed in alot of your replies on the fourm you tend to answer with very little knowledge of the subject matter or just plain wrong. Typing BS is not going to help anyone answer their questions. NOw you might have some car newbie on Ebay searching for an eaton for his mach for nothing...he could do a centrifugal kit for just about the same amount of $$ it would cost to make the eaton work.
1. No sh*t dumb @$$. Its called sarcasm.
2. Have you ever seen a real drag car. Tell me what kind of tranny they use.
3. I've driven plenty of Irs's princess i test drove a cobra before i got my car and ive taken a cobra down the strip a few times. There are IRS cobra's running in the 9's. But most guys that get serious about drag racing run solids. Im sorry but again im talking about serious drag racing.

I would take a centri or a twin screw over an eaton any day but one thing ive noticed is ppl like you take life too seriously. Dont put yourself up on a pedistool thinking your doing this forum a favor by trying to correct everyone. Get off your rant and shut up. I am on here for fun. I mostly joke around. Ppl like you ruin it for everyone. You tend to jump to too many conclusions and are quick to correct and assume. Good job princess. Dont be so quick to judge and put down other ppl. Its just a forum. Its just the internet.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:24 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Miliock

Yeah i would take a mach over a cobra any day too. Besides an eaton used cobra blower off the internet would fit right on there and they sell for like $500. Then you've got a cobra without the pesky 6-speed or IRS. (things ppl love about the cobra that i hate.)

Auto>6-speed

Becuase in a 6-speed you have to shift too much. Shifting is down time in the world of racing. Its great for gas mileage but not for racing. For put the 6-speed in the cobra as a selling point. 6 is more than 5 so it must be better right? Powerglide FTW! lol Im just not a big fan of IRS. Atleast not Ford's IRS. They have good aftermarket IRS systems but a GT with a full coilover kit and full suspension mods will kill a cobra in handling in every aspect.

What you said here make absolutely no sense.

1. The eaton is NOT and I mean is NOT a direct bolt on to the mach 1 motor....it would take thousands of $$ to make it work. Plus the ****ty pistons, rods, etc in the mach can't support much more than 9lbs of boost anyway.

2. You only use 4 gears when drag racing so it makes no difference whether you have 5 or 6 gears...6 speed is the greatest thing since sliced bread for street cars IMO.

3. Of course a HEAVILY modded suspension will kill the stock suspension. Have you ever driven the IRS? Launched it? I doubt it. The IRS rides awesome and hooks better than a solid on the street IMO. Oh and btw there are plenty of IRS cobras running in the low 10 second category.

I've noticed in alot of your replies on the fourm you tend to answer with very little knowledge of the subject matter or just plain wrong. Typing BS is not going to help anyone answer their questions. NOw you might have some car newbie on Ebay searching for an eaton for his mach for nothing...he could do a centrifugal kit for just about the same amount of $$ it would cost to make the eaton work.
3. I've driven plenty of Irs's princess i test drove a cobra before i got my car and ive taken a cobra down the strip a few times. There are IRS cobra's running in the 9's. But most guys that get serious about drag racing run solids. Im sorry but again im talking about serious drag racing.

I would take a centri or a twin screw over an eaton any day but one thing ive noticed is ppl like you take life too seriously. Dont put yourself up on a pedistool thinking your doing this forum a favor by trying to correct everyone. Get off your rant and shut up. I am on here for fun. I mostly joke around. Ppl like you ruin it for everyone. You tend to jump to too many conclusions and are quick to correct and assume. Good job princess. Dont be so quick to judge and put down other ppl. Its just a forum. Its just the internet.
This guy is not going to be turning this car into a serious racer, so your points are not valid. The six speed and IRS would be amazing to have on the street, no one said anything about turing the car into a serious drag car.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:38 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Ok I believe I have something to add to this lil conversation ...

IRS>Axle... for all around car. The IRS is even kept in some cars as true drag racer trailor queens. Wheel hop isn't a factor when you beef it up the right way. and you can still drive it around town without feeling everything on the road.

Like they said you just can't "slap" the blower on the mach engine, there are not only the parts that need to be added, but if you didn't know the Mach 1 has the same Tranny the other GT's have the TR-3650, and if you didn't know that, the synchros are known to go bad as early as 30k on the odometer. The stock Eaton also carries around 8lbs of boost, which may just blow up your Mach engine.

The reason I didn't go mach1 and put a blower on it because it still would've been more then my Cobra... You can find good cobras for around 24k if you can't afford it now then go Mach or wait. lol

My moms bf has a 03' Mach, I had a 04' Gt, and now I have a 03' Cobra... I will say that the Cobra is worlds in front of the Mach, and im not even goin to say about the GT... but, if you plan on putting a blower on the Mach i would hold out for the Cobra. THe mach's respond well to nitrous, but I wouldn't feel comfortable for a nitrous setup without a nitrous or forged motor...
Old 09-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

It's not sarcasm..makes no sense for you to be sarcastic when someone is looking for information...the guy is looking for serious advice on a $18,000 decision and you just throw out horse **** that you know nothing about. What if someone told you that your GT was going to run 11s before you spent 15,000 or whatever on it to find out it only runs 15s? This forum is for information regarding the 4.6 powered cars...not you're fantasy ideas of them!

Telling someone what you did just misinforms people...pretty soon you'll have someone talking about the Type R cobra they have like in that streetfire video!!! This is how ricers are made...they're told their car is faster/better than it actually is. lol

He never said anything about a serious drag car, so your auto and irs comments just don't apply! Good day!
Old 09-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Basically, if you have high goals...and plan on spending some money, buy the cobra from the start. It may be 8 grand more, but it will be worth it in the end.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:57 PM
aquaman720

wow 18 for a 2003 mach 1 thats a pretty good deal. when i get out of college im going to sell my 2002 GT and hopefully get a mach 1. there great cars and i would deffinitly think you should get that because most of the cobras you find have alot of miles and are not in good condition. good luck with that.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:30 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Buy that mach today man, its a great deal. You guys have made me contemplate getting a mach 1 over the winter possibly...
Old 09-30-2006, 05:01 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

uh . . . . actually you shouldnt buy that mach. . . .its probably already bought. . . what you should do is buy this ubersweet 00 mustang gt vert becuase it just so happens i became interested in buy this sweet mach for $18k lol jk
Old 10-01-2006, 01:27 AM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

haha yeah I'm really considering it
But the place selling it is a dealership that gets all cars that are Repos
and usually if your car is gonna get repod, you beat the shi!t out of it before it gets taken, you know?
that's the only problem I'm having with buying it
Old 10-01-2006, 02:38 AM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

uh . . . . actually you shouldnt buy that mach. . . .its probably already bought. . . what you should do is buy this ubersweet 00 mustang gt vert becuase it just so happens i became interested in buy this sweet mach for $18k lol jk

Well I didn't want to be the first one to say so....You talk out of your A$$....ALOT!!!!! You give out advice on EVERYTHING....ANd when you get called out for being wrong, you say you were sarcastic? wow....

p.s. your polls are gay as hell!