4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Saleen S/C on GT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

Default Saleen S/C on GT?

I may have the chance to pick up a Saleen S/C out of a 00 S281. I was just wondering how much do these usually go for used and what kind of power do they make. Any comparisons with other S/C brands would be useful. Also the Saleen website does state that they do fit but I would like to be sure of that.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:18 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen S/C on GT?

I believe the stock saleen blowers only run 4 psi but with a pulley upgrade they can run like 10-12psi. its worth it if you can pick one up cheap. Brand new they go for like 4grand... I'm pretty sure it fits on your mustang. if i remember correctly it comes with its own intake manifold so you can get rid of that crap plastic one, but i cant remember for sure so dont quote me on that.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:24 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rbstang

I believe the stock saleen blowers only run 4 psi but with a pulley upgrade they can run like 10-12psi. its worth it if you can pick one up cheap. Brand new they go for like 4grand... I'm pretty sure it fits on your mustang. if i remember correctly it comes with its own intake manifold so you can get rid of that crap plastic one, but i cant remember for sure so dont quote me on that.
They do. I was checking one out last saturday. a mean sc saleen with 19" saleen chrome wheels and a cobra R hood. It has a sick looking intake manifold. It comes with the s/c. He was running 12 psi in it and had a built motor with a 150 shot. It was silver and he had his bottles in the truck painted to match and put saleen logos on them. It was a killer. He also had the Saleen SR rear bumper (where the exhaust comes out the center) It was the sickest mustang ive seen in years. He started it up and it sounded so evil and raw. I soiled my pants right in the parking lot. He had lt headers on it and and off road h but didnt know the mufflers. he said they came with the pipes.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 AM
03GTGreen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben790450

They do. I was checking one out last saturday. a mean sc saleen with 19" saleen chrome wheels and a cobra R hood. It has a sick looking intake manifold. It comes with the s/c. He was running 12 psi in it and had a built motor with a 150 shot. It was silver and he had his bottles in the truck painted to match and put saleen logos on them. It was a killer. He also had the Saleen SR rear bumper (where the exhaust comes out the center) It was the sickest mustang ive seen in years. He started it up and it sounded so evil and raw. I soiled my pants right in the parking lot. He had lt headers on it and and off road h but didnt know the mufflers. he said they came with the pipes.
Was that a 2000 though?

The 2000's came with the Series 2, which is more work then you want to do. You could get 400HP from the blower but it would cost you pry about the same price as a brand new Series IV to get there. Plus the fact that the saleen intercoolers dont always seal, and the intake ports dont match the head ports some of the time. Get a centri or save for the KB, I wish I had, but im sticking it out with the IV. Google Saleen Series 2 and theres a guy from Corral who has alot of info for it.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:44 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03GTGreen

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Was that a 2000 though?

The 2000's came with the Series 2, which is more work then you want to do. You could get 400HP from the blower but it would cost you pry about the same price as a brand new Series IV to get there. Plus the fact that the saleen intercoolers dont always seal, and the intake ports dont match the head ports some of the time. Get a centri or save for the KB, I wish I had, but im sticking it out with the IV. Google Saleen Series 2 and theres a guy from Corral who has alot of info for it.

Just watch me hit 400rwhp! :-) As soon as I redeploy home..... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *sniff* *sniff*
Old 10-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Let's talk about the Saleen series II for a sec. It is a small roots blower, that has been used. These blowers were designed to run around 6-7 psi for optimim efficiency. Once you start to spin this blower faster, it gets EXTREMELY inefficient. And over time, these blowers tend to loose their tolerances, especially if they were overspun. I have seen guys making 420 rwhp with this blower, but at that level, it is max'd. Beware of used roots products. I say +1 to this response.
The 2000's came with the Series 2, which is more work then you want to do. You could get 400HP from the blower but it would cost you pry about the same price as a brand new Series IV to get there. Plus the fact that the saleen intercoolers dont always seal, and the intake ports dont match the head ports some of the time. Get a centri or save for the KB, I wish I had, but im sticking it out with the IV.