4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

FRPP b springs vs. eibach

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:34 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

Default FRPP b springs vs. eibach

They both have simmilar spring rates, and give the same amount of drop, so my question is, am i just paying for a name here? the eibach is 100 bucks more and theyre both progressive rate springs
Old 10-04-2006, 05:38 PM
ajmodelski
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP b springs vs. eibach

I would say to look up the actual numbers. http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...tesarticle.asp
To be honest. the B springs as well as the Eiback Pro Kit springs are crappy. They don't change the ride height all that much and they are relatively soft as far as sports suspension goes. My friend has an 03 gt, and he says they are just crap, basically the same as buying new stock springs with a different name. Do yourself a favor and buy some steeda sport or comp springs, or ford racing C springs.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:46 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

yea i know this sounds cheap, but if i get the steeda sports, i will defiantely have to get shocks right now as well, and i really dont have the cash for that, i figure i can do these springs, and then later on down the road if i get eibach or the b spring then i can just get new shocks as well. also im not concerned with autocrossing the damn thing, i just want to get rid of that ridiculous wheel gap, and if i get some performance out of it thats great
Old 10-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

I have BBK... they are not all that low.. but they are firm
Old 10-04-2006, 08:39 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

well...uhh have your ridden in your buddy's GT?...i have the pro-kit and it seems to have lowered my car more than others...and it is pretty stiff at times and then sometimes it is too soft...i would get the H&R SS springs based on people who have had the pro-kit before and switched to the H&Rs
Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: ajmodelski

I would say to look up the actual numbers. http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...tesarticle.asp
To be honest. the B springs as well as the Eiback Pro Kit springs are crappy. They don't change the ride height all that much and they are relatively soft as far as sports suspension goes. My friend has an 03 gt, and he says they are just crap, basically the same as buying new stock springs with a different name. Do yourself a favor and buy some steeda sport or comp springs, or ford racing C springs.
funny how that is always a bad way to get info. never fails.

I have the ford springs. if you don't want your car slammed to the ground, the b spring or prokit are fine. the front will drop pretty similarly on either, the ford springs less in the rear, you'll have a slightly raked stance for your car. You can tell the difference in stiffness between stock and either one of those springs. I wanted to get rid of the wheel gap and gain a little bit of handling without scraping on every driveway and speedbump, and the ford springs are good for that. either way, I think you'd want to pony up the funds for new shocks and struts, it'll save you time and money over the long run, as a lot of the parts you need to remove are the same for both parts.