4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

another new one with questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 AM
GT 281
2nd Gear Member

Default another new one with questions

OK i race dirt track so im kind of new to this whole fuel injection thing, im used to the old school carb and distributor thing. Any way im a firefighter near fort worth Texas and i just bought a daily driver (2003 GT 5spd) but want it to come alive if i want it to. So far i have the following, CAI (yeh the cheap blue one on the internet but it works), X pipe Xaust w/40 flowmasters ( on the DL off road, No CATS have a buddy that owns a inspection station), Diablo programer on the way, and a dry 75 shot of NOS (any do's or dont's about this?), and a Eibach sport sring kit, Oh and some really cool graphics white car with the blue G.T. 281 down the sides (looks like an old shelby) i think its cool looking anyway get some pics on here when i can. P.S. runs 8.9 in the 1/8th

So have some Questions:

1) What do you think so far?
2) What about the NOS i have herd both good and bad (just a 75 shot)
3) I just got this car and i run 93 octane but it just started getting cooler in the mornings and i have noticed a slight (very slight) knock from the motor just above a idle in the mornings until it warms up (running Mobil 1 10/30) is this normal or have any of you ever herd this)?
4) I know i need gears there coming 3:73 in the next budget
5) I love to drive this car but it just has a huge lug at about 2300 to 3500 is this normal for this car and what can i do to fix it?
6) everyone talks about injectors are these going to give me any HP gain or are these only for protection of running out of fuel?
7) i have herd that if you take the plenum off there is a ridge on the intake that you can file off for more direct injection of the air flowing from the plenum into the intake. Has anyone done this?
8) has anyone seen these electric supercharges or turbo's on ebay that is supossed to give 2psi of boost? What do you think?
9) Im really **** about this car i ever keep it covered up at the Fire dept. cause there is no shelter (yes i catch alot of hell from the guys for that one) but i have noticed alot of rock chips on the front of the hood is this normal for this Ford paint and what can i do to prevent it? only 40,000 mile and would like to keep it nice.
10) is this to many question to ask if so sorry just a little excited to find some one who has some things in common. With mustangs any way all my friends are Z28 fans and i would like to show them whats up.

Thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 03:06 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: another new one with questions

First of all welcome bro! I saw ur questions and how long they were and was gonna blow by um but i saw ur a FF and gotta show some FF love there!

Alright:

1. Sounds like ur on the right track man just read around and youll catch on to this whole 4.6 thing quick enough
2. A 75 shot is just fine. Wont hurt anything. Just dont do it in 5th or at half throttle.
3. If its running too lean then rich out the fuel with the programmer and back off the timing a little. The knocking could be due to something else though
4. Dude dont do 3.73. Either 3.90's or 4.10's or dont even do it.
5. Welcome to the world of N/A mustangs. You can supercharger it. That'd fix the problem. Its the spot (in the rpm range) where torque is falling off and hp hasnt hit hard yet.
6. With (especially dry) nitrous you should get atleast 24# injectors. You have 19's right now (assuming they are stock) but you wont make any more power with bigger injectors unless you need um.
7. I ported and polished and smoothed my throttle body and plenum but just pay the $200 for the Professional products 75 mm combo kit and then ull be good.
8. Dude STAY AWAY!!!!!!! They are bull ****!!! Stay away from throttle body spacers and "the turbonator too"
9. You can get a clear bra but its just normal man.
10. Yeah with that 75 shot you should be up right with there with the LS-1's.

Good luck man and welcome! Im sure if anyone dissagrees with what i said theyll call me out on it. . . .
Old 10-13-2006, 11:15 PM
GT 281
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: another new one with questions

Hey thanks alot Ben hey saw the whole Woodland Park thing do you ever do patch swaps?