4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I Want more power

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I Want more power

A guy down the street from me has a 02 GT with just simple bolt ons, Full exhaust and 411 gears. But he has a full drag suspension and slicks. He ran a 12.8. And for all of you thinking there is something funny, no its not a freak just a a great complation of parts.
Um, actually that is very believable...but anyways, I agree, suspension will help lower 60 foot times, which is very important on the strip. The original post says more power, but doesnt say for the strip. He may want power to play with on the street, idk. All of the suggestions above are good though for cheap "go" although you may just want a supercharger which is fine too. To each his own.

but isnt a full drag suspension equal a very harsh ride?
Yes, an all out drag suspension can be a harsh ride, but you can also do it right where you could get a relatively smooth for the street and good weight transfer for the strip. It just depends on how serious you are and the parts you choose.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

but isnt a full drag suspension equal a very harsh ride?
yeah yo do give up comfort for precious seconds in the 1/4. Really the only imporvement from the factory your gonna receive with the drag suspension is beingable to put the power to the ground on bumps, with the use of a bump steer kit.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:05 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

The original post says more power, but doesnt say for the strip. He may want power to play with on the street, idk.
But the real question is why do you want more power. 99% of the time, people want more power to be able to run faster. I dont hear to much i want more power to be able to do better burnouts or fishtail around turns alot. Just Food 4 Thought.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:57 PM
nibotcire
2nd Gear Member

actually i hardly ever go to the track.....hahha so yea i kinda was looking for better burnouts and fishtailing...lol......where can i find some cheap equal length headers....
and how much longer does the cermic coating last then not coating......
Old 10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

See now no one wants to respond because i mentioned suspesnsion instead of FI.
I totally agree with what your saying. If you want a full out car for the track, and the ocassional driving on the streets, you need a stout suspension. A guy I know who used to live around here, had a 99 GT with full suspension, including, shocks, struts, springs, u/l control arms, c/c plates, and some DR's. Matched this suspension setup with gears, exhaust, and intake, he was runnin low low 12's in the 1/4.

At the track...

In other words, if you want to have a fast car at the track but still have a slow one on the street, go with suspesion work...

You can spend about the same amount of money, and have either a fast at the track only car (limited traction availble on the street) or have the best of both worlds by adding more power and just a few suspesion mods.

Hmmmm...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

But the real question is why do you want more power. 99% of the time, people want more power to be able to run faster. I dont hear to much i want more power to be able to do better burnouts or fishtail around turns alot. Just Food 4 Thought.
I never said he wanted power for burn outs. On the streets, it is pretty common for races to start from a roll. I know 8 out of 10 times the races I get into are from a roll. Just Food 4 Thought.

quote:

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

quote:

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

See now no one wants to respond because i mentioned suspesnsion instead of FI.

I totally agree with what your saying. If you want a full out car for the track, and the ocassional driving on the streets, you need a stout suspension. A guy I know who used to live around here, had a 99 GT with full suspension, including, shocks, struts, springs, u/l control arms, c/c plates, and some DR's. Matched this suspension setup with gears, exhaust, and intake, he was runnin low low 12's in the 1/4.

At the track...

In other words, if you want to have a fast car at the track but still have a slow one on the street, go with suspesion work...

You can spend about the same amount of money, and have either a fast at the track only car (limited traction availble on the street) or have the best of both worlds by adding more power and just a few suspesion mods.

Hmmmm...
+1

actually i hardly ever go to the track.....hahha so yea i kinda was looking for better burnouts and fishtailing...lol
HAHAHAHAHAHA

and how much longer does the cermic coating last then not coating......
Goin w/o the ceramic coat will cause the headers to rust not long after they are on. I'm personally going to go w/ MAC long tubes eventually. They only run $340 and you can get a shorty mid pipe for $160 or so.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:32 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Nitrous may be the best and cheapest way to get alot of power. But you have to be a STUPID F*CKIN MORON to run nitrous on the street, so by getting nitrous, unless your stupid is only good for just at the track. Like my previous post, suspension will do wonders if you really wanna hook up and go.

SUSPENSION FTW!!!!

And if you werent entirely talking about nitrous, than fine, disregard what I said. I know you have bolt ons, cams, and a S/C, but like he said, he wants more power, and probably wants it cheap, so if he is a nitrous person than go right ahead, but I myself am not. And having suspension work done for the track, will also help you out on the streets, if you get lined up at a light, trust me I've seen it happen.