4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is Anything but FI Really Worth It??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Is Anything but FI Really Worth It??

I wish I never spent a dime on any bolt ons... If I had to do it over.. I'd buy the car, and probably borrow the exra 4 grand for the MHP kit.. then wheels n stuff.. thats it tho
Old 01-15-2007, 04:41 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Well, I just read a couple pages, and I agree with most of what was said.

czwalga00gt & 2000gt4.6 are right. I have ALL recipts for H/C/I + forged stroker + full bolt ons. You dont even wanna know how much it comes out to. And with LT's I could see 335rwhp/350rwtq.

Thats not that impressive.

BUT, theres always a but. BUT, with a forged bottom end, as far as power goes, I CAN make more power than any stock shortblock S/C'd stang here. With spray. You can s/c and spray and turbo your *** off, but without the bottom end, you lose.

With all that money spent,keep inmindthat the forged internals will give me the ability to make more than enough power to make up for your blower.

So with your argument of price, to make things even,I think you should keep the price of the shortblock out.

stock<built N/A<stock blown<built sprayed=built blown
Old 01-15-2007, 04:58 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

czwalga00gt & 2000gt4.6 are right. I have ALL recipts for H/C/I + forged stroker + full bolt ons. You dont even wanna know how much it comes out to. And with LT's I could see 335rwhp/350rwtq.

BUT, theres always a but. BUT, with a forged bottom end, as far as power goes, I CAN make more power than any stock shortblock S/C'd stang here. With spray. You can s/c and spray and turbo your *** off, but without the bottom end, you lose.

With all that money spent,keep inmindthat the forged internals will give me the ability to make more than enough power to make up for your blower.

So with your argument of price, to make things even,I think you should keep the price of the shortblock out.

have you considered putting a charger on your car? Is this even questionable with you or are you running too much compression?

What kind of numbers do you think it will make with nitrous?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:13 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

have you considered putting a charger on your car? Is this even questionable with you or are you running too much compression?

What kind of numbers do you think it will make with nitrous?
You can run a blower on any car. The higher compression means higher the octane needed to prevent detonation.

I am looking for 500rwhp, but a complete fuel system swap will probably have to be done. After that, just as far as making power (not containing it in the drivetrain) 600+ wouldnt be that hard. Maybe just a MAF andbigger injectors, and I'm there.

But making and handeling 475-500, is what I am concentrating on. Torque will be MONSTROUS on a 150-175 shot