4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My turn for some help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:35 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My turn for some help.

Exhaust - including midpipe, catback and headers if you want them
Throttle body and Plenum
Gears
Tuner (SCT or Diablo)
Drag Radials
Then start working on Suspension - springs, struts, shocks, upper/lower control arms, caster camber plates

This should get you started, and then you could add cams, or a S/C later. Good luck on whatever you do.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

If you're worried about highway mileage, be careful about getting a stall converter. Make sure the one you pick locks up to keep the revs low. The difference between 3.73 and 4.10 isn't much for rpm in a locked overdrive and will make less difference than a non-lockup torque converter.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04BlueGT

ORIGINAL: geetee03

skip the timing adjuster, the sct adjusts it.
+1. If you planned on the Diablo, I'd recommend the TA just because the predator sucks at adjusting timing.

Steve, I had an ebay BOMZ intake for two months. It came apart TWICE. I soon grew tired of sucking unfiltered hot air into my motor and bought the Steeda. I hope your experience is better.

Other than that, after gears go ahead and get subs and CAs. That will help you to get the power you have to the ground. You'll be amazed what gears and a better rear suspension can do.
hrmm subs and CA's whats that dont know what they mean please explain thanks...
Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Colorado_Mustang

If you're worried about highway mileage, be careful about getting a stall converter. Make sure the one you pick locks up to keep the revs low. The difference between 3.73 and 4.10 isn't much for rpm in a locked overdrive and will make less difference than a non-lockup torque converter.
Ahh thanks did not know that..
Old 11-05-2006, 02:29 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Subframe connectors and upper and lower control arms. Don't buy bolt on subs - get them welded. Lots of companies for both.
ORIGINAL: Steve04GT

+1. If you planned on the Diablo, I'd recommend the TA just because the predator sucks at adjusting timing.

Steve, I had an ebay BOMZ intake for two months. It came apart TWICE. I soon grew tired of sucking unfiltered hot air into my motor and bought the Steeda. I hope your experience is better.

Other than that, after gears go ahead and get subs and CAs. That will help you to get the power you have to the ground. You'll be amazed what gears and a better rear suspension can do.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Subframe connectors and upper and lower control arms. Don't buy bolt on subs - get them welded. Lots of companies for both.
ORIGINAL: Steve04GT

Ahh ok thanks man. Yea I don't plan to use the bomz forever its jus temporary (gift) and yea I modified the bomz one I smoothed out the inside of the main tube where the 2 flanges come in cause it was sticking in the tube. I used some better clamps I got at home depot then the ones that came with it. The ones that came with it looked cheap the ones I got on it now seem to be holding well, I inspect it every few days to make sure they are staying on and everything is in place.
My plans as of right now are 3.90 gears, Steeda UDP's, Steeda CAI to replace the BOMZ, Accufab TB/Plenum, and an SCT XCAL II tuner and I plan to get it dyno and make sure the A/F is dead on at Steeda since I live like 30 min from it and work right by it.