4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

About to S/C, need some tips on which injectors / MAF i need.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:49 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: About to S/C, need some tips on which injectors / MAF i need.

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

THey are RC engineering 370CC injectors, i think 370cc is 36# but I'm not totally sure. It does look like the kit comes with the MAF in the pics...guy might have just not remembered to mention it in the notes. I suppose I will have to wait and see what all is needed to complete the kit when I get it from UPS.
The 36#ers might be ok, idk. I ended up ebaying my 30# injectors no reserve for $138 and bought the 42#ers for $250. SO that wasn't a big deal. You'll deffinately encouter probs on the way.

Wen I put mine on a had to buy a new coolant reservoir (cuz I'm an impatient idiot) this shouldn't be a problem for you. I also had to put on a new tensioner, not so much because I'm an impatient idiot...but becaue their aluminum and will round out easily. I didn't see a fuel pump in the pics though. Get a focus SVT pump. It's plug and play. I originally bought the Ford supercar GT fuel pump...but is a HUGE pita to put on so I ended up with the SVT fuel pump.

I think for you the biggest PITA is going to be figuring out how to rock the tensioner while you mount the sc+bracket.

My instructions said "Lock the tensioner into place with a pair of locking pliers" well, I ended up holding the tensionerit into place while my buddy figured the belt and mounted the bracket...

That tune is garbage. I wouldn't trust it farther than I could throw it. Start the car. Check for leaks & tow it to your dyno shop...

Oh I know the tunes they come with are complete garbage...I already called around my local shops and got dyno tune quotes. The kit comes with a walbro in-line fuel pump but it says in the notes that its not pictured, I will probably order an SVT focus pump anyway though....just for peace of mind. So I think I'm gunna go check ebay / forums for used FRPP 42# injectors, 90mm maf, and focus svt pump.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:57 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

THey are RC engineering 370CC injectors, i think 370cc is 36# but I'm not totally sure. It does look like the kit comes with the MAF in the pics...guy might have just not remembered to mention it in the notes. I suppose I will have to wait and see what all is needed to complete the kit when I get it from UPS.
The 36#ers might be ok, idk. I ended up ebaying my 30# injectors no reserve for $138 and bought the 42#ers for $250. SO that wasn't a big deal. You'll deffinately encouter probs on the way.

Wen I put mine on a had to buy a new coolant reservoir (cuz I'm an impatient idiot) this shouldn't be a problem for you. I also had to put on a new tensioner, not so much because I'm an impatient idiot...but becaue their aluminum and will round out easily. I didn't see a fuel pump in the pics though. Get a focus SVT pump. It's plug and play. I originally bought the Ford supercar GT fuel pump...but is a HUGE pita to put on so I ended up with the SVT fuel pump.

I think for you the biggest PITA is going to be figuring out how to rock the tensioner while you mount the sc+bracket.

My instructions said "Lock the tensioner into place with a pair of locking pliers" well, I ended up holding the tensionerit into place while my buddy figured the belt and mounted the bracket...

That tune is garbage. I wouldn't trust it farther than I could throw it. Start the car. Check for leaks & tow it to your dyno shop...

Oh I know the tunes they come with are complete garbage...I already called around my local shops and got dyno tune quotes. The kit comes with a walbro in-line fuel pump but it says in the notes that its not pictured, I will probably order an SVT focus pump anyway though....just for peace of mind. So I think I'm gunna go check ebay / forums for used FRPP 42# injectors, 90mm maf, and focus svt pump.
Forums are a good way to buy things. But I'd check e-bay unless it's someone you talk to on a regular basis. 90 MAF are about $90 on ebay. You can usually find an 03 cobra for about $50. Injectors should run about $220 - $250 on ebay. Typically the "no pics" auctions go for TONS cheaper...in my experience.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:15 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

90mm Lightning MAF and FRPP 42# injectors. Check out www.buyfordracing.com ...they have a nice package deal on MAF and injectors.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:16 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=532
Old 11-27-2006, 01:18 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: code3GT

www.buyfordracing.com
ONLY IN PM's!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:25 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the link Code, I'm actually going to try to find some slightly used ones before resulting to spending more on brand new...but those are good prices.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:52 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Hey guys I just won a used novi 1000 kit on ebay. It comes wtih 370CC injectors (36#?) but doesn't mention coming with a MAF. What is a good MAF for me to get? I have heard the lightning 90mm MAFs suck? Also will these injectors be enough to handle 9-10PSI, 370-390ish RWHP? The kit says it comes wtih a Walbro in-line fuel pump, I believe the car is equipped stock with a in-tank fuel pump..should I just get an SVT focus fuel pump or how do I go about rigging in this in-line fuel pump?

Any advice is very much appreciated! Thanks guys!

Here is link to the kit I won!
The lightning maf works very well, thats what I am currently running.

If the injectors are 36 pounders you should be fine with them with anything under 400 WHP, but a set of 42s would give you more room to grow. Honestly, if you plan on a forged assembly down the road and can get away with the 36ers for now I would do so and then upgrade to 50s or 60s when you forge the assembly.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:02 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Hey guys I just won a used novi 1000 kit on ebay. It comes wtih 370CC injectors (36#?) but doesn't mention coming with a MAF. What is a good MAF for me to get? I have heard the lightning 90mm MAFs suck? Also will these injectors be enough to handle 9-10PSI, 370-390ish RWHP? The kit says it comes wtih a Walbro in-line fuel pump, I believe the car is equipped stock with a in-tank fuel pump..should I just get an SVT focus fuel pump or how do I go about rigging in this in-line fuel pump?

Any advice is very much appreciated! Thanks guys!

Here is link to the kit I won!
The lightning maf works very well, thats what I am currently running.

If the injectors are 36 pounders you should be fine with them with anything under 400 WHP, but a set of 42s would give you more room to grow. Honestly, if you plan on a forged assembly down the road and can get away with the 36ers for now I would do so and then upgrade to 50s or 60s when you forge the assembly.
Yeah that's my plan, I just need to go do some research and make sure 370cc = 36# not 30# because I believe 30# would be too small. How much boost are you running on your non-intercooled setup man? I'm worried about getting a boost pipe to take it up to 9-10psi...think I might stick witht he 7-8psi until I have the time/money to upgrade with a nice a/a intercooler.

edit: I just looked it up and 370CC injectors are equal to 36# injectors, so I guess I get to save about 200 bucks there.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:00 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I am running 10 PSI non intercooled. So long as you have IAT sensor after the blower and a tune setup to pull timing when the intake temp increases.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:30 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

30#ers are deffinately too small. 36#ers are questionable. Talk to the fella who is gonna tune you car. Your in southern cal I'm sure lack of tuners aren't the problem. Here is your problem...

Find a reputable guy. Search your local forums& make up your mind upon that. There's deffinately a couple tuners in your area that won't F with you. Lots of the "tuners" are actually salesmen. Careful...take your time...

Quick Reply: About to S/C, need some tips on which injectors / MAF i need.