4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Race Steering Wheel and MGW.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Race Steering Wheel and MGW.

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

ORIGINAL: laserred38

i want the wheel that comes with the 10th Anniversary and Mystichrome Cobras...it is thicker like that bottom pic but then it has two indents on the 10 and 2 o'clock points...looks really cool
never seen it but it sounds like mine... This is the one that I have... Click Me

i love that momo wheel...it is similar but it is an actual Ford piece...just like our stock wheels..but thicker like the FR500 wheel...plus the grips
Old 11-30-2006, 01:48 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

Not a problem.. I'll be glad to post the pics up later... keep in mind though that removing the airbag is definitely not for most people.. where the FR500 wheel is easy to install and keeps all functionality.. a racing wheel without an airbag get's a little tricky and you loose cruise control and horn functionality.... Obviously you can get around that by installing a dash mount horn (like I did) and relocation your cruise control buttons (which I just removed because I never used them anyway) but many people would probably not like it.
I dont really use my cruise control very much, but it sucks to lose it. It would take some wiring to wire buttons for it. As for the horn, I heard that from a write up I saw. Thats so weird, why would that be. I have a 89 mustang I put a racing wheel on that and it still had a funtional horn in the center. I know that wheel I pictured above doesnt have the button but many aftermarket sellers have them on.

Here are the picks I promised...

The first is a regular shot... the second is with it disconnected.... and the third is a close up shot.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

Damn son, I just got the fr500 wheel. Here's what I have. I bought it cause the ***** that had the car before me mucked up the steering wheel. It was all green and funky looking. Pff...women.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

The first is a regular shot... the second is with it disconnected.... and the third is a close up shot.

It looks alot better than I thought it would. Its not a traditional looking racing wheel. Its also stylish. I like it alot!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:19 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

It looks alot better than I thought it would. Its not a traditional looking racing wheel. Its also stylish. I like it alot!

thanks... yeah.. I like it.. .. It's definetly not something you see everyday.. and I like to be unique and not follow the crowds.. so it was a good match..