4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

cops love mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:39 PM
dirtymagic

Default cops love mustangs?

I dont know about you guys but since i started driving at 16(now 25) with a 92 formula bird then to a 96 rs camaro and now the 03 gt (which i purchased in january) I have been dicked with by the cops nearly a 300% increase since the gt purchase. I have actually gotten a lot calmer with speeds and what not since the lead foot days of the teen years but this car seems to be the biggest pig magnet ever. Do you guys agree or am i just out there?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:42 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

Default RE: cops love mustangs?

I've sped past cops at 10 over and they've just looked at me, but in my area they'll bust a 16 year old in a CRX immediatly...you may be getting pulled because A) your areas street racing is notorious for having american V8 as its main culprets, B) you have something on your car police dont like (ie loud exhaust, dark windows, blackouts) or C) your breaking the law and you need to get something recalibrated[8D]
Old 11-30-2006, 03:43 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

well....i've been driving a mustang for almost 8 years....this is my 2nd one.....my other one was a 98 vert....i only got one ticket with that one....and so far i have only gotten one ticket in my 04.....so.....2 tickets in 7 - 8 years isnt too bad...before the stangs i had a camaro rs...got messed with a little...but i was young and driving stupid....im 27 now.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Definate cop magnet., and my car is bone stock. I will have cops follow me, on my ***, to see if I slip up in any way to pull me over. Fortunately I play it safe most of the time., and I never street race.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:53 PM
dirtymagic

My area consists of Red neck rockslingers(aka lifted trucks) that turf and tailgate and the aggressive tuners(both of which should be ticketed). Most of my buddies have fbodies and they dont get pulled over and ticketed for trival stuff. Ive seen a ton of people drive by cops in this area with 5% tint and not get anything but just few months ago i got hit for 30%. Which i had both side windows down and the cop was three lanes over going the other direction(guess he saw the rear window). Got a parking citation for taking the last two spots in a grocery store parking lot (with no one around for 30 spots). And various other things
Old 11-30-2006, 03:53 PM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

I've gotten one ticket in my car over the 2 years that I've had it, so I'd say the cops in my area aren't that bad. Although the one ticket that I did get was bs. He got me for rolling through a stop sign, when I swear the car in front of me and the car behind me "rolled" through the stop just like I did.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:56 PM
*Blk_96_Stang_GT*
4th Gear Member

im only 17 and have had my stang for 16months and i havnt had 1 ticket, ive only been pulled over once because my freiend did a burnout and these people called the cops and discribed are cars and i was last in line so he picked me. A lot of kids in my school have like 2-3 tickets already and they drive **** boxes and my friends have none and we have the nice fast cars, so i think its more just on how you drive then what your driving. And i have blackouts and really loud exhuast and so do my friends and we dont draw any extra attention.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:07 PM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: *Blk_96_Stang_GT*

so i think its more just on how you drive then what your driving. And i have blackouts and really loud exhuast and so do my friends and we dont draw any extra attention.
+1 on the driving part. If you're a idiot when you're driving, you're going to get nailed eventually, regardless of what you drive.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:07 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

cops like mustangs... ive gotten many waves from cops and thumbs up. Ive been pulled over 3 times but no tickets...
Old 11-30-2006, 04:15 PM
dirtymagic

"ive gotten many waves from cops and thumbs up. Ive been pulled over 3 times but no tickets... "

Where do you live cause i want to move there
And i def. dont drive like an idiot or ******* maybe its the racing stripes ha ha

Quick Reply: cops love mustangs?