4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

help me convince my father why I should get a MUSTANG!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 04:08 AM
bryanfav123

Default help me convince my father why I should get a MUSTANG!!!

Hey guys Im 17 years old and am in need of a new car or should i say a first. I currently drive a 2005 honda CR-V which is my mothers and have been the joke of the town until I installed a $2000 sound system in it. Well lets get to the point

I have fanticised of having the FORD MUSTANG GT 2001-2004 since i came out of the womb. lol I want one soo bad ever since my friend showed up in his tricked out mustang. once I drove it I fell inlove there is no better color then FORD BLUE.

well heres the plan I am asking for a car for christmas....well atleast for them to sign for it and me pay for it. my father works for honda and wants me to get a crappy Civic . I want the mustang please tell me and him why I should get one I am showing him this forum tomarrow and hopefully he says yes

Tell us about your stang and how much you enjoy driving it. I thank you guys soo much and if i get the car i will send pics to everyone in this post that has helped me you are my last chance....

THANKS
BRYAN
Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 AM
SikGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: help me convince my father why I should get a MUSTANG!!!

Tell him you'll let him drive it.[&:]
Old 12-04-2006, 04:21 AM
slow99GT
3rd Gear Member

I have fanticised of having the FORD MUSTANG GT 2001-2004
What about 99 and 2000's they are the same body style or are those just to old LOL... walcome to the forums.. if you get one dont kill your self.. a word of advise when the car goes sideways let off.. and point the wheels where you want to go.. because thats where your goin!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:23 AM
bryanfav123

hahah thanks man but dont say that cuz thats all the more reason why he wont let me get one!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 AM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

AHEM...

Much of the local community has become accustomed to the young rage of small engined imports (such as hondas and toyotas). I drove a variety of these vehicles for a period of time while i saved money for the mustang i currently own. During this time I did a bunch of crazy things, drove fast, cut people off, and the assorted stuff you hear teenagers getting killed for. Once i got my mustang things slowed down, dont get me wrong, i own a 400+ hp mustang that flies...but a certain level of responsibility grows with horsepower. This has led me to believe that SOME of the reasons the fast driving, fast and the furious inspired driving and modifying in many young owners stems from a general lack of responsibility for power. The civic and stuff is great for people who are more concerned about getting from point A to point B, but among teenagers it is some what important to look good going from point A to point B. To put it simply there is an underlying reason for buying a GT to adjust to power, it teaches a mature level of responsibility, and you'll find a lot of mustang drivers on this site are sane and responsible (and between 17-24[&:]).
As for the mustang, it is a great platform, it is not insanely fast (against what you may think) the mustang has a reputation for being a ultra fast sports car (expecially from the 60s etc) but any mustang driver will tell you there is faster out there. The mustang is generically less expensive and easier to personalize than most other cars, and doesnt hold a general level of disdain many imports have.

if that doesnt do much...GET THE KID A MUSTANG
Old 12-04-2006, 04:31 AM
eventer289
3rd Gear Member

Although stangs are not the most powerful of the muscle car's, they do require an experienced driver. Trust me, once you get a stang, all you will want to do is make it quicker and faster. I would suggest that you discuss with your father that you have the maturity (if you do) and the skill to be able to handle a car such as these. I am 17 and got my stang when I was 16 after driving an old audi for nearly a year. I had to agree to pay for the increased insurance, and I also had to agreee that if I got caught speeding or got a ticket of some kind, I would lose the car for a bit. You just need to sit down and talk with your dad about it.

Here are some reasons why Mustangs are GREAT cars.

5 star crash rating
Parts are CHEAP compared to alot of foreign vehicles
New Edge Stangs are the best looking model IMO
Girls like 'em
They are fun for dad's to drive too (I can't tell you how many times I've let my dad drive my car and watched him hit the happy pedal )
Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 AM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponysnake99

AHEM...

Much of the local community has become accustomed to the young rage of small engined imports (such as hondas and toyotas). I drove a variety of these vehicles for a period of time while i saved money for the mustang i currently own. During this time I did a bunch of crazy things, drove fast, cut people off, and the assorted stuff you hear teenagers getting killed for. Once i got my mustang things slowed down, dont get me wrong, i own a 400+ hp mustang that flies...but a certain level of responsibility grows with horsepower. This has led me to believe that SOME of the reasons the fast driving, fast and the furious inspired driving and modifying in many young owners stems from a general lack of responsibility for power. The civic and stuff is great for people who are more concerned about getting from point A to point B, but among teenagers it is some what important to look good going from point A to point B. To put it simply there is an underlying reason for buying a GT to adjust to power, it teaches a mature level of responsibility, and you'll find a lot of mustang drivers on this site are sane and responsible (and between 17-24[&:]).
As for the mustang, it is a great platform, it is not insanely fast (against what you may think) the mustang has a reputation for being a ultra fast sports car (expecially from the 60s etc) but any mustang driver will tell you there is faster out there. The mustang is generically less expensive and easier to personalize than most other cars, and doesnt hold a general level of disdain many imports have.

if that doesnt do much...GET THE KID A MUSTANG
*claps* *claps* *claps* *claps* *claps* *claps*

Well said You hit it right on the money.

Also this car is cheaper to insure then most tuners/imports such as STI's, SRT-4's, or an evo jus for starters.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 AM
bryanfav123

Thanks man and I agree with you if you are mature you should have a nice car I have good grades in school and want a car soo bad I RIDE THE DAMN BUS EVERY DAY to school bein a senior and I am I am not looking to go nuts on the high way I have a friend that bought a $40,000 evo and crashed it at 120mph and is actually alive due to the way he crashed. he was all over the news. I dont want that to happen to me so y take a risk I just want a nice looking car that is a legend to AMERICA and want to put a system in it while looking good driving it. Thanks soo much guys for the help keep goin lol
Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 AM
eventer289
3rd Gear Member

Agreed. I drive slower now that I have a more powerful car. Kinda odd how that happens. And I also agree that driving a stang has taught me a lot of responsibility. I used to drive a 1988 Audi, and going from that car to the stang I currently have has taught me to appreciate and respect my car. My car is my baby and I treat it accordingly.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:40 AM
eventer289
3rd Gear Member

Also, if you get a stang, get a 5 spd. Not only are they fun to drive, but driving a stick makes the driver have to be much more diligent about what they are doing and pay better attention to the road and those around you. You actually have to DRIVE the car when you drive a stick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help me convince my father why I should get a MUSTANG!!!