4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MPG/Performance Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Fantor

Default RE: MPG/Performance Help!!!

I see where you guys are coming from. Now how about Mufflers?? I was thinking of going with Flowmaster. What do you guys think??? Is Magnaflow or Dynomax mufflers any good??? Will a muffler only swap out from stock do anything for preformance or gas mileage?? Also what type of mufflers do Cobra's use?? I liked the way my old 94 sounded.

Thanks Again: Fantor
Old 12-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I've been driving the same route/conditions since I bought the car. The mileage varies by season, but that's taken into account in my spreadsheet that I keep track of such info with.
ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: Colorado_Mustang

I gained over 3mpg with an Edelbrock Performer RPM catback (don't make 'em anymore, unfortunately...just look for a flow through muffler design instead of the crappy baffles), March Ram Air, Tunable Induction MAF-TB pipe, and Amsoil 2-stage air filter. From the factory I was averaging about 21mpg. Now, I'm disappointed with 24mpg.
Are you sure its not the mods but just a change in driving habits?

It seems like asking alot for those mods to make 3 MPG.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Fantor

Another question for you guys. Can an Eaton Supercharger off a 03-04 Cobra be installed on my 04 GT?? If so what other parts would be needed to complet the install?? My friend has the supercharger, 3.2" pully and hub. Also if it can be done will this help gas mileage at all???

Fantor