4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

why is vortech so popular

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:09 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Default RE: why is vortech so popular

ORIGINAL: ASUSMC

Excellent Price + Quality Product = Very popular

But FYI Paxton Novi and Vortech are the same company
Wrong
No affiliation!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

Nope they actually merged quite a while ago.

http://www.kpcarcorner.com/cobra/pro...erresearch.htm
After a lot of research, I was still torn between the Vortech SQ (Super Quiet) S-Trim and the Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger. There were many others to choose from, but these two have a proven history of performance and reliability. While I was researching Vortech and Paxton also merged, which will give both companies a bright future. Both of the superchargers mentioned use a helical gear drive that is much quieter than the straight gears other units use. The Vortech SQ also has some proprietary noise dampening to make it a notch or two quieter than the Paxton. Both units require an engine oil feed line for lubrication, and a drain line to return oil to the pan
Old 03-09-2007, 04:48 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

After a lot of research, I was still torn between the Vortech SQ (Super Quiet) S-Trim and the Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger. There were many others to choose from, but these two have a proven history of performance and reliability. While I was researching Vortech and Paxton also merged, which will give both companies a bright future. Both of the superchargers mentioned use a helical gear drive that is much quieter than the straight gears other units use. The Vortech SQ also has some proprietary noise dampening to make it a notch or two quieter than the Paxton. Both units require an engine oil feed line for lubrication, and a drain line to return oil to the pan
Not sure if that is a very reliable source.. it just looks like some dude named jp's personal website.. Hell, I can make a website and say all kinds of stupid shiz on it.. doesn't mean it's true.. I'm not saying that you are wrong but you will have to find a better source on it then that.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:55 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

Not sure if that is a very reliable source.. it just looks like some dude named jp's personal website.. Hell, I can make a website and say all kinds of stupid shiz on it.. doesn't mean it's true.. I'm not saying that you are wrong but you will have to find a better source on it then that.
ASUSMC is 100% correct!!!
It happened in 2002:
From Vortech site:
Last year, Vortech Engineering bought Paxton Automotive. What is the difference between these two companies today?

V: Paxton has been around since the 50’s and was factory equipment on the Studebaker, Avanti and a factory option on many vehicles such as the Shelby GT350. Paxton has always and will always stay in the mustang market, but now they are branching into the Dodge/Chrysler market. You will also see Paxton on high-end vehicles such as the Cadillac Escalade, GMC Denali and the Hummer H2. Vortech will stay focused on the Ford and Chevy car and truck market.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:18 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

ASUSMC is 100% correct!!!
It happened in 2002:
From Vortech site:
Last year, Vortech Engineering bought Paxton Automotive. What is the difference between these two companies today?

V: Paxton has been around since the 50’s and was factory equipment on the Studebaker, Avanti and a factory option on many vehicles such as the Shelby GT350. Paxton has always and will always stay in the mustang market, but now they are branching into the Dodge/Chrysler market. You will also see Paxton on high-end vehicles such as the Cadillac Escalade, GMC Denali and the Hummer H2. Vortech will stay focused on the Ford and Chevy car and truck market.
ok ... that is much more helpful then jp's website.. .

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?id=83