4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach and Cobra Prochamber

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Default RE: Mach and Cobra Prochamber

P.S. I have driveway and driveby clips of my SLP/ MAC Catted H setup that I think sounded pretty damn good. Although, it was before I fixed my hanging RPM'S
Old 03-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

I think it will work

I got off road prochamber full length headers and 40 series flowmasters... ther are some videos in the signature..
Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 PM
the_most_wanted
I ♥ Acer

i like my prochamber....not too loud not too quiet...just right....its paired up with my flow40s...

cant wait till I get my headers, it will give just the right sound that ive wanted....
Old 03-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Most people aren't going to admit they messed up on their exhaust purchase.... So, keep that in mind for those of you reading this thinking about exhaust.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:15 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

GP here is my car with a Prochamber and flows on it.
Prochamber sound clip
Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

Most people aren't going to admit they messed up on their exhaust purchase.... So, keep that in mind for those of you reading this thinking about exhaust.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I don't know a single person who has a Prochamber that doesn't like it. Everyone who has a Prochamber will suggest that everyone get one. It's simply an amazing sounding pipe, and on top of that, it gets the best of both worlds in performance. Prochambers sound good with just about any catback setup and for my car you couldn't pay me to put anything else on than what I have. If I had a newer GT I would have probably gotten Stingers, but they sound great on a Prochamber as well. I don't think I'd ever use a midpipe other than a Prochamber unless I was going to build a LT, X, SLP LM I setup that's just deafeningly loud, that's be sweet too. Either way, the Prochamber is a beautiful sounding mid pipe and no video on the internet even gives it justice. If you haven't heard it in person then you haven't heard it.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

As I said, I HAVE heard it. It was just too quiet at idle/low speed for me. That comment wasn't directed at you. However, I DO know people who dislike their prochambers. In fact, a buddy of mine just went to an O/R X-pipe and decided to keep it since he liked it so much more than the prochamber.

How many different exhaust setups have you had on your car?
Old 03-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AJ97GT

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I don't know a single person who has a Prochamber that doesn't like it. Everyone who has a Prochamber will suggest that everyone get one. It's simply an amazing sounding pipe, and on top of that, it gets the best of both worlds in performance. Prochambers sound good with just about any catback setup and for my car you couldn't pay me to put anything else on than what I have. If I had a newer GT I would have probably gotten Stingers, but they sound great on a Prochamber as well. I don't think I'd ever use a midpipe other than a Prochamber unless I was going to build a LT, X, SLP LM I setup that's just deafeningly loud, that's be sweet too. Either way, the Prochamber is a beautiful sounding mid pipe and no video on the internet even gives it justice. If you haven't heard it in person then you haven't heard it.
I have a O/R prochmaber and a friend has a O/R H and the H sounds better. Both have 40 series flows. The prochamber muffles out the nice deceleration noise of the flows and turns it more into a hum than the cackling deceleration that an O/R H has.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:39 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

As I said, I HAVE heard it. It was just too quiet at idle/low speed for me. That comment wasn't directed at you. However, I DO know people who dislike their prochambers. In fact, a buddy of mine just went to an O/R X-pipe and decided to keep it since he liked it so much more than the prochamber.

How many different exhaust setups have you had on your car?
It was a comment that wasn't necessary though. You're right, maybe some people don't want to admit that they don't really like what they have, but they paid so much they want to keep it now. Maybe you're one of them, maybe I'm one of them, however you've already made it clear that you don't like the prochamber as much so leave it at that. Let other people post their opinions.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:55 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Funny how this turned out this way. I just wanted to know if it would fit.
We argue too much, ya know? [&:]

But, exhaust is a matter of opinion. I've been lucky enough to run several different setups on my 'Stang, so I know what I like from experience.
Shoulda died right thurr, but W/E...