4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

over heating

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:45 PM
norcalpit99

Default RE: over heating

Yea tried changing the temp sensor didnt help unless I got another bad one wich i wouldnt doubt ... Going to try to toggle the fan and see if that helps since its only over heating when im not moving , makes since that it would be the fan not staying on long enough still wont fix my problem but maybe give me a temp fix thanx for those who tried to help and the others can meet me at the mcdonalds on power inn and fruitridge at 9:30pm we'll see whats up ....bring a friend ..
Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: norcalpit99

Yea tried changing the temp sensor didnt help unless I got another bad one wich i wouldnt doubt ... Going to try to toggle the fan and see if that helps since its only over heating when im not moving , makes since that it would be the fan not staying on long enough still wont fix my problem but maybe give me a temp fix thanx for those who tried to help and the others can meet me at the mcdonalds on power inn and fruitridge at 9:30pm we'll see whats up ....bring a friend ..
Ok... seriously dude... REPLACE THE COOLANT! Why go buiyng all these parts and putting toggle switches on fans if the coolant is dirty?? Your car should NOT overheat! I live in Vegas... car runs FINE in 110 Deg. heat, AC full blast in a traffic jam! Instaling a toggle switch for the fan is only masking the real problem... witch Id bet dimes to dougnuts is due tothe the **** brown water! Replace it with a 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water before you do more damage! Do the easy most likley thing first! If your car is running on bad gas you wouldnt replace the fuel pump first would you?? No... you would replace the fuel first!

Andinviting people who most likely live on the other side of the continent to come fight you isnt exactley the most grown up way to aproach the ******!

And no... I didnt drive drunk! LMAO... I was sittin at home watchin the tube gettin drunk and typin to you fine folks!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:02 AM
richinwa
1st Gear Member

Dude try and see iff the fan works by grounding the temp sensor with the key on. If you have the wrong sensor then the gauge will peg, if you have the right one you will hear a click under the hood. If it doesn't come on the check to see if you have power and ground at the fan. If no power and ground then check the fan controller.[/align]You can also jump the 2 leads at the A/C accumulator pressure valve and the fan will come on. Or you can turn the key on and engine off, turn the heater on defrost and see if the fan comes on. It is a good idea to change the dirty coolant but that is not the cause of the problem if you have no fan.[/align]I'll see you at the Mc Donalds tonight at 9pm and I don't need to bring friends.[/align]
Old 04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
norcalpit99

That was point put up or shut up it's real easy to talk **** in a forum.
So anyway I put the toggle switch to the #46 pin on the ecu and its working when it gets hot I hit the switch and it stay's about 190. still wondering what the real issue is cant be as easy as coolant anyone have any tips on draining/flushing the system??P.S. the low coolant lamp will not shut off...?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:47 PM
richinwa
1st Gear Member

Did you ground the pin coming off of the temp sensor? If you ground the pin there and the fan came on then everything will be working properly but the sensor.
I take it you put a new sensor on it right? If you got the wrong sensor then it may be the issue also. But you should have a controller for the fan that has a relay in it. Did you have power to the fan when youjumped the a/c pressure valve near the firewall on the passanger side?