4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Damn Dealerships!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Damn Dealerships!

the last place i would take my car would be a stealership.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slow99GT

maybe you shouldnt work on cars LOL... J/K man.. that sucks... better luck next time
Yeah right lol. I get the whole motor back together, the damn thing runs fine, but the ****ing spark plug gets stripped. I'm not touching them again, I'll have Ford do my spark plugs for now on so if **** breaks it's covered.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

Oh ya, 1993 300ZX
Yeah there is no room under the hood of those things. My friend had a '92 or '93 and it was rediculous to even try anything under there let alone try to jack the car up with anything besides the stock jack to start it. He wrecked it on I95 like 3 weeks ago though.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

They just called me and asked where my mid pipe was lol. They also asked if the car runs. So I told them the other part of my H pipe is in my trunk and the car should start fine. He said he was only asking because some people get cars towed there that don't run and expect them to figure out what's wrong. So I asked him why taking off and putting on an intake manifold is 280 bucks when those guys are Ford mechanics. He said they go off of a sheet that tells them how much to charge for labor but he said he will try to cut me a deal and do my back right caliper for like a couple more dollars. We'll see when I go pick up the car tomorrow after noon.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Find a custommustang shop.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:00 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: geetee03

WHY??? Garages charge practically the same amount per hour and they all charge by the book time no matter where you go! Dealerships know more anout that specific car than any Joe Shmoe down the road. The proper way to fix the threads in a head is to remove the head completely. You cannot just tap in a new Helicoil without getting metal shaving on the piston! Also Helicoils are not the proper solution for a blown plug. A new head is the way to go. Your car won't run right unless they get that thread repair dead ***** on (highly unlikely)! Good luck, but I would def. get some new heads!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: 97targa

WHY??? Garages charge practically the same amount per hour and they all charge by the book time no matter where you go! Dealerships know more anout that specific car than any Joe Shmoe down the road. The proper way to fix the threads in a head is to remove the head completely. You cannot just tap in a new Helicoil without getting metal shaving on the piston! Also Helicoils are not the proper solution for a blown plug. A new head is the way to go. Your car won't run right unless they get that thread repair dead ***** on (highly unlikely)! Good luck, but I would def. get some new heads!
Not all dealerships are bad, Berge Ford in Mesa, AZ treats me pretty well. I was in having my clutch replaced and they asked if I wanted to have the starter replaced with no addtional labor charges. It had a sticking bendix and busted tooth that I knew of. Starter was a little steep ($130) but it had the ford 12/12,000 parts/labor warranty so I was fine with it and it didn't add to how long my car was out of commision for.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:23 PM
pengintamer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

[sm=bs.gif]
Old 04-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Well I was supposed to have the car today. I talked to the head of service this morning while I was at workand he said it will most likely be done by close which was 7 pm. I was working til then so my dad was gonna go get my keys for me. He is putting it on his card til I get my income tax check. Anyway they called me at 530 and said that the head mechanic, who was working on it, ran in to a few snags that held him up and it will most likely be done tomorrow by closing at 5pm. I was at work and we were pulling huge *** tarps so I told him Iwould call him back. I called back at 615 and I talk to someone else cause the head service advisor who I was talking to earlier left at 6. I asked her what the snags where that they ran into and she said that the intake manifold was one and the other was that the mechanic got the tool stuck. I was like what does that mean "he got the tool stuck" and she said it was a little difficult but the heili-coil part was done so it will most likely be done tomorrow or Monday. I was like no the car should be done tomorrow this is bull. I was like how can I a 20 yr old who is in college and not even a mechanic put a whole motor together and have it run perfectly fine but the mechanic can't figure out an intake manifold? She said he is coming in early tomorrow on his day off to finish it for me and they are very sorry. I said if my car isn't done by tomorrow I want 200 off the price of the repair and if you don't give it to me then I am calling the head of Ford service for this area and lodging a complaintand stating that you have incompitant mechanics. How can my friends same year GT with the same problem, who got work done at the same place, get his car done in a day and a half? Anyway I will let everyone know if I get it back tomorrow.