4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

And the problem continues rofl...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:52 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Default And the problem continues rofl...

IT'S A SIGN! LOL

Man, so I spoke to the fella that I bought the magnapacks from and well let's say he's was ready and waiting to help it seemed so that was really nice. I told him which pipe I was missing and he purchased it off magnaflows website Im pretty sure. It was the pipe that goes over the axle, in between the muffler and the tips. Well here's the problem. I THOUGHT i needed a passanger side pipe but **** dammit **** **** **** I was wrong. Now I have 2 passanger side pipes when I needed a drivers side [sm=headbang.gif] I didn't know how to tell the difference so I asked him and he explained and I'm like ah yes si si!! Passanger pipe I need!! Well who gets the award for being the biggest shlong? ME! Haha.. anyways, what should I do. I feel bad aobut nagging on this guy. Is there a chance I could call/email maganaflow to possibly swap pipes? Do you think that'd work?
Old 05-13-2007, 12:57 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Default RE: And the problem continues rofl...

You can try.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

With all the trouble you've had with this I'd just get dumps or something haha. But then again you paid for the whole catback, and it really is a good product, right down to the tips. If you really want it on fast I would call that dude or Magnaflow and have them RUSH DELIVER that piece. I don't know if I could wait as long as you have to get it on, considering you've had the box for over a month. But, I'm in the same boat dude, I'm patiently waiting for my Prochamber to ship from MAC. Got all my other parts ready too (MILs, gasket, & found a place to install it).
Old 05-13-2007, 01:02 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Here's what it looks like. Do I need a drivers side?

[IMG]local://upfiles/15784/19F1CD07296F4825926C3ACE5346BAAD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

Here's what it looks like. Do I need a drivers side?

[IMG]local://upfiles/15784/19F1CD07296F4825926C3ACE5346BAAD.jpg[/IMG]
Yes you need the DRIVER's side. That is the passangers side tailpipe.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:11 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

MOTHER ****ERS [sm=owned.gif]

Well... I guess I'll email magnaflow right now because I'm not in the mood to talk on the phone nor doI have time lol. YOu think I'd be able to swap? He bought the actual system right from the magnaflows site. NEVER taken outta box or anything.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

MOTHER ****ERS [sm=owned.gif]

Well... I guess I'll email magnaflow right now because I'm not in the mood to talk on the phone nor doI have time lol. YOu think I'd be able to swap? He bought the actual system right from the magnaflows site. NEVER taken outta box or anything.
It's hard to say Dooo Dooooo, but you got a fighting chance. I've always had better luck calling rather than doing the email thing. First off because you get an instant response rather than waiting for a reply, also it's the way to get things done. If they do let you swap it, the most you'll probably have to pay is shipping that big a$$ tailpipe back to Magnaflow or "that dude." Oh and if they agree, make sure you rush deliver that ****! I'm curious to see how your Packs will sound w/ that Magnaflow catted X.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:27 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I didn't really have enough time to call them that's why. I just got home from an unbelieveably long day of work and Im gonna check my email in hopes thye MIGHT have responded but probably not.

Edit: anyone have any knowledge has to how long there phonelines are open?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:59 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

IT'S A SIGN! LOL

Man, so I spoke to the fella that I bought the magnapacks from and well let's say he's was ready and waiting to help it seemed so that was really nice. I told him which pipe I was missing and he purchased it off magnaflows website Im pretty sure. It was the pipe that goes over the axle, in between the muffler and the tips. Well here's the problem. I THOUGHT i needed a passanger side pipe but **** dammit **** **** **** I was wrong. Now I have 2 passanger side pipes when I needed a drivers side [sm=headbang.gif] I didn't know how to tell the difference so I asked him and he explained and I'm like ah yes si si!! Passanger pipe I need!! Well who gets the award for being the biggest shlong? ME! Haha.. anyways, what should I do. I feel bad aobut nagging on this guy. Is there a chance I could call/email maganaflow to possibly swap pipes? Do you think that'd work?
I had a similar problem with my Magnaflow kit ordered from Ninosport.
One of the front pipes was missing, but I couldn't tell which one because they are different and in fact the pipe I *did have* didn't look like the picture.
Nino Fedex'd me both pipes with a return ticket for the one I didn't need.

Great service from that company for sure.
They answered my email, actually picked up the phone when I called and they even called me back a few days later to make certain all was well.
First time customer for me, but it won't be the last time.
Highly recommended.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:06 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I didn't really have enough time to call them that's why. I just got home from an unbelieveably long day of work and Im gonna check my email in hopes thye MIGHT have responded but probably not.

Edit: anyone have any knowledge has to how long there phonelines are open?
I don't want to scare you but when I was shopping for an exhaust system, I sent Magnaflow 2 emails at different times asking basic questions
and I never got an answer.
I bought the Maggies from a dealer anyway though, but I was not impressed with Magnaflow's customer relations.

Bassani on the other hand answered right away and guided me through ordering my Bassani Baffles even though I told them it was for a Magnaflow system.
The tech I spoke with (he sent the phone number in the email) was great, very knowledgeable about Mustangs and we had a nice chat.

Based on that alone, Bassani is on my short list should I be looking for a new exhaust.

FWIW, you are going to love the Magnaflow system.
Super high quality system that looks like it is built to last forever.
It's such a shame it gets hidden under the car