4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

random things

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:25 PM
mattman2730
1st Gear Member

Default random things

So I live in Omaha Nebraska where it snows 10 days outa the year and on those days we get 3 feet each. This year we decided we are sick of being in a drought and got more rain than ever before (literally, we set a record already). So I said **** it and decided to was my car 3 days ago. Then i drove through construction and got all muddy. So today, even though its raining now, I washed and waxed her early when it wasn't raining. This is the first time in my life I have ever waxed a car. I got the Eagle 1 nanowax. To me it is amazing, does anyone else agree or have any thoughts about different waxes?

Also, am I the only person that refuses to use a regular towel on a car? I get made fun of because I will ONLY use microfiber towels, unless you count the shami.

I plan on going to a car show soon and I want to clean the engine. How should I go about doing that? I have an 03 GT premium, redfire metallic, completely stock. I have ordered the mach 1 chin spoiler, a 14 inch black antenna, reverse glow gauges, stainless steel "MUSTANG" bumper inserts, and these littl "4.6 L V8" sticker things to go on the sides of the hood scoop.

Is there any tips on what will make the car look its best for a show?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:07 AM
96GTMustangCT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: random things

get some nice rims, detail the hood a little bit, make some of that black plastic shine with some Mothers Back To Black Polish, some interior Billet, shift **** dumb s*** like that, maybe exhaust down the road so people can here you coming. the antenna is a good choice im about to order one for myself, maybe some window tint. endless options. for billett, check out www.uprproducts.com. you could do some nice, not stupid looking headlights or tail lights as well. i just did some on mine. i did the stock Clear tail lights with a different look of clear that they make, and some new crystal clear headlights. give it a nice wash and wax and it will look good. just clean all the door sills, you can buy nice billet door sills also but, detail the whole car, clean under the hood, and there are just a few things i have done and would do. goodluck

p.s. waxes, use turtle wax either that platinum series or that new F21 series i havent tried it but check it out. and use the F21 spray for the inside of your car, dash whatever you need to do inside after you give her a nice vaccum.

Zach
Old 06-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: random things

I have the 4.6 l v8 decals on my hood scoop that you are referring to they are a cheap mod that looks great youll love them. +1 on the billet interior pieces i did those in my stang and they look amazing and i get alot of compliments. I also did black bumper inserts on my stang which now a days its almost a necessity to get the inserts in the bumper. As for waxes i use new finish which i have used on both my mustangs with great success. And i get my ***** busted all the time for using a shami when all my other friends are using regular towels. But im the one whos laughing when they're cars come out with water spots and streaks and the stang is spotless and looking her sexiest.