4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
videoassault
2nd Gear Member

Default Nitrous Problems

Ok im having problems with my nitrous right now. This is what it does, If im in 4th gear at like 50 and I floor it once it gets to 3000 where my window switch is set at it begins to spray fine then all the sudden at like 5 grand it just dies it starts to jerk the car like its tryin to go and tryin to die then the system shuts down all together it hard boots the computer and I have to restart the car. Now I have a WOT and a window switch set at 3000-6000 aswell as a fuel pressure saftey switch. Now if im at the track and once I hit second and go full throttle nitrous dosnt come on in first because I do not floor it I get it to hook in first then run it in second, Well it starts to jump like the nitrous is hitting then its killin the car then it hits then the car dies then I just let off and drive down the track slowly. now I have stock injectors and stock pump still, when I checked the pump it was runin at 35 at like 3000 about 4 off of 39. Now I checked my pills and they are not clogged and the bottle was just filled and I cleand the line of air pockets before I ran. Maybe I need new injecotrs or maybe a fuel pump. I heard that a 100 wet shot would work on stock inj's and pump but maybe not
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 PM
videoassault
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous Problems

What injectors would be good to go to like 30's or should I go to like 39's
Old 09-19-2007, 07:44 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

I am running a 100 shot with no fuel probs that i am aware of on a stock fuel system. Sounds like something is fubared with your window switch. Mine did the same thing when i hooked it up, minus the killing the car/ecu probs. I unhooked mine because i couldnt get it to work. If i was you I would look at the wiring/grounding on the window switch and the WOT switch. Thats the best place to start. Then i would look at the fuel pressure safety switch.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Bradley139
1st Gear Member

ill have mine next week is that normal? im not getting a window switch or should i? from the sound of it im better off without it
Old 09-19-2007, 07:57 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bradley139

ill have mine next week is that normal? im not getting a window switch or should i? from the sound of it im better off without it
No, you are not better off without man, trust me bouncing rev limiter on nitrous is not a good thing. I just need to figure out my problems and get it fixed. Kinda sucks to spend $100 on a window switch and not use it. When i put mine on I had it wired exactly like the diagram showed, i had the window switch supplying ground to the solenoids and the WOT supplying power. Whenever it would go to spray it would cut in and out like there was a loose wire/connection. I checked everything and there wasnt so i just unhooked it for the time being.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
videoassault
2nd Gear Member

Im going to try and bypass the window switch tomm and check to see. I have a MSD window witch on a NX kit but that shouldnt matter and I have it wired into 1
Old 09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: videoassault

Im going to try and bypass the window switch tomm and check to see. I have a MSD window witch on a NX kit but that shouldnt matter and I have it wired into 1
Thats the exact setup I have. How did u wire it, so that the msd supplies power to the WOT switch? and then just kept the solenoids grounded at all times?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 PM
REDSTALION
2nd Gear Member

i have used the below setup and its working fine,

Old 09-19-2007, 09:10 PM
videoassault
2nd Gear Member

I have it set to WOT to Window switch
Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Fobra