4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

TB spacer and other new guy questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:15 PM
enginecry

Default TB spacer and other new guy questions

Greetings - new guy here. Bought the wife a 96 GT Vert Cobra Clone with some mods. It has a cold air kit, 70mm TB, and SVO sidepipes being fed by a no cat x pipe setup. The car doesn't quite seem as quick as it should be so I am looking for answers.

Are the TB spacers I see on Ebay for 20-35 bucks worth it?

Why does the BBK cold air kit not have an air filter? There's not one in the fenderwell. This doesn't seem healthy.

I have reviewed other posts and realize a set of 3.73's and underdrives are the next step for this car. Who are good preferred vendors? Steeda or FMS for underdrives?

Car has been sitting for awhile and needs the brakes bled. I do everything myself. Anything special I need to know about this car?

Anything else this first time Ford owner needs to know?

Thanks,
Doug
Old 04-21-2005, 01:02 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

Default RE: TB spacer and other new guy questions

ORIGINAL: enginecry

Greetings - new guy here. Bought the wife a 96 GT Vert Cobra Clone with some mods. It has a cold air kit, 70mm TB, and SVO sidepipes being fed by a no cat x pipe setup. The car doesn't quite seem as quick as it should be so I am looking for answers.

Are the TB spacers I see on Ebay for 20-35 bucks worth it?

Why does the BBK cold air kit not have an air filter? There's not one in the fenderwell. This doesn't seem healthy.

I have reviewed other posts and realize a set of 3.73's and underdrives are the next step for this car. Who are good preferred vendors? Steeda or FMS for underdrives?

Car has been sitting for awhile and needs the brakes bled. I do everything myself. Anything special I need to know about this car?

Anything else this first time Ford owner needs to know?

Thanks,
Doug
Don't know why it does not have one because it SHOULD!! You need to ge one on there asap!!! [sm=goodidea.gif]
I just ordered a set of Steeda pullys for my car based on the advice of a lot of other people in here, They are a little more money than the MAC ones but I think it is worth it. As far as gears go A lot of people on here are BIG FRPP gear fans, but I have not read anything bad from anyone that has Motive gears on here yet, so I say get which ever one you want. To answer your question about tb spacers I am not sure, but bet you would see a couple of hp gain, I do have a plenumn spacer from Steeda and when I installed (along with my CAI) I did notice a gain in performance. I have been looking at the tb spacers but I have a 75mm tb and it seems that all the tb spacers are 70mm so until I find one that is 75mm I am not going to get one. If you do get one I would also get a new plenumn for your car at the same time or whne you have it apart pull your stock plenumn and polish the inside of it so it is nice and smooth.